We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here's the ball. I've looked at other team signed footballs from 82 and surrounding years and they're all signature faded and cracked. These sigs look fresh. Were Sharpies even used much back then..? This seller also has some questionable feedback...

But a Packers team signed ball from the same year sold at Heritage Auctions in 2006. The sigs also look fresh but there was an LOA included with it. They don't appear to be the same ball because the signatures are in different spots etc.

I suppose this ball could've been completed years after 1982 but I can't really verify who is living or dead so maybe not... Were teams releasing facsimile signed balls that year or in the years after through a back catalog? Doesn't seem likely they'd change the signature placement and style if so. Could also be forged but that seems like a lot of trouble to go through...unless you're a scumbag.

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

None of those photos are really that close-up.  Hard to know what to make of it one way or another.

those are not the same Footballs...I would think if your trying to sell the ball you would want to take close up pics of the well known players on the team...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service