We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys....I'd like your thoughts on this Elvis...

I have a hand written letter from the lady who had this signed detailing how she received this from Elvis...that's her name on the envelope from the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas...

The letter states that she and two other ladies who were on vacation were told by their waitress that Elvis was dining in the Flamingo next door...They approached him and got an autograph or two...The thing that intrigues me about this is the following. The letter that accompanies this states that Elvis signed this on Tuesday February 25, 1969. A little bit of research tells us that Elvis flew from L.A. to Vegas on February 24th.

And that is interesting for two reasons...Elvis was accessible to fans before his full fledged return to Vegas in the summer of '69...plus there is little to no chance that the seller who was "just a fan" would have known if or how to confirm Elvis was in Las Vegas on February 25th, 1969. Fact is he WAS in Vegas on that date...I mention that F.Y.I.

I would appreciate your analysis...thanks in advance...

Views: 3591

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve...of course you are 100 per cent correct when you tell us that an online opinion by either expert in Elvis (your term there Steve)  Mr. Epperson or Mr. Consola is highly reliable...

I'll simply add that unanimous opinions from both make it twice as nice !!

I don't see any dissenting votes to your statement Steve...but there just might be one forthcoming....we'll see...stand by...

Earlier today just a few hours ago Dan wrote..."we will simply agree to disagree..."

Dan it sounds like you've  changed your mind on that one too...

Don may I ask?

I respect you immensely, however I have to question. If you already had opinions from both Mr. Epperson and Consola, why did you still ask for opinions?

It is at least a fair statement that it is a bit atypical agreed? I would not differ with the experts (especially with two highly qualified experts) you yourself also put a high amount of trust in, so why ask for opinions here now?

I think Dan was just putting his opinion out there and did show references for his opinion. Besides the back and forth, he was trying to help.

Personally if you are happy with it and you got it signed off on by two top tier experts then that is good enough!

Sorry to butt in honestly, I do appreciate all of the knowledge displayed in this thread. It was worth it for that at least.

Firstly thank you Adam for the compliment...

Don't know what I've done to deserve it but thank you !

The answer you are looking for is really quite simple and straight forward...

I posted this item here BEFORE I had any feedback from either gentleman...

In other words I came here FIRST...the positive comments from both Mr. Epperson and Mr. Consola then followed...

Hope that helps and thanks for being a part of this thread...I appreciate it !! 

Just to clarify...Dan continues to state that the autograph is not authentic while Mr. Consola and Mr. Epperson suggest otherwise...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service