We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here is yet another Obama that I am looking at...   :)

Would love to hear opinions

thanks

Mark

Views: 7788

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The quick opinion I think tends to run very conservative especially with high priced items.  I am thinking they would rather side on the side of caution than have someone buy something then find out that it is not right.  It would be interesting to know how many times they do say "likely authenticate" on a quick opinion. 

Here they are Steve - 

I like them both.. but again.. what do I know!!  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150948183609

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251196345281

Thanks, Mark. I won't have a chance to look at them until this evening.

I stand behind my signatures, including my Obamas. 

I know you do Nick and you have been one of the most helpful persons to me on this site with my search for an Obama and I REALLY appreciate it!! I STILL like that Air Force One Photo!  :)

Mark

and I also agree with Scott Paul above.  The crazy and stupid thing where PSA quick opinion loses me.. they said that they could NOT give an opinion on the Rolling Stone magazine that I posted at the beginning of this.. and that took over 24 hrs.

But on the Ebay items they said no good in about 2 hours and those are authenticated by JSA.

Go figure...

$1,300 for an 8x10, you better!

Mark,

Good eye! I think that both of those eBay Obamas are genuine.

No offense, but why would you send items that already have JSA letters to PSA quick opinion??? Ive heard it time and time again that sometimes they have "auto approve" or "auto denied" on when there is a back log... Ive heard of people getting the quick opinion back in 10-15 minutes... at 2:30 in the morning... You really think they have their best people looking at stuff for $7.49 a pop??? To be honest with you, some desk jockey probably seen the word "OBAMA" didnt take the extra 2 seconds to look at the pictures...

The concept of PSA auto approving or not is pretty rediculous. I dont know who told you that but probably the same people who rattle off about PSA and JSA all the time. And what alot of people on the east coast dont realize is that their is a 3 hour time lag to CA, so why they may get their opinion at 230 in the morning, thats only 1130 in CA. And also why would that matter? We have no idea what PSA uses as far as employees or their work schedule etc. As big as they are its safe to assume they pay their guys to look at items at many odd itmes. But again we dont know, so their is no reason to assume.

The only thing we know for sure is that if a common signature, or a signature that can readily be identified as a fake/genuine, then that person gets a quick answer. Ive had both quick and slow responses, but ive never thought that meant their was anything going on. It simply means either they havent got to it yet, or that its taking them a while to determine and may have others looking at it, which they admit they do. And we all know they are very cautious and sparing with their quick opinions.

But the argument that PSA and JSA dont know what they are doing b/c of turn around times, and that they auto approve random signatures is pretty ludicrous. These people that tell you this probalby are just repeating what someone told them, that can probably be traced back to ANL or AA. 

Lex- when putting out that kind of money. I like to be sure is all. That is why I did the psa quick - plus I was curious what they would say.

Mark

LOL... Yeah I know about time zones. Maybe it was 2:30 in the morning that they sent it in from London, so its 2:30 in the afternoon in CA!!!!!!! "The concept of PSA auto approving or not is pretty rediculous." "We have no idea what PSA uses as far as employees"... your right.. you dont have a clue... I personally know the person that got back the "2:30 AM quick opinion" they are in the central time zone and, if you must know, I think it was closer to 2:40-2:50 AM so that means they looked at it at 12:40 AM??? I never said PSA or JSA dont know what their doing.. but to say the idea of PSA cutting corners to make a few extra bucks being ridiculous means youve never dealt with them.... back to the point... The fact is the 2 Obamas the quick opinions failed are both real... they can "err on the side of caution" or whatever else you want to call it, but they got it wrong. period. I dont need a JSA letter to tell me that. To be honest, Id trust Nick's opinon on an Obama signature over everyone at PSA combined... Id venture to say none of them have gotten a single one in their lives.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service