We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

As a 500 Home Run club collector I have seen a lot of balls graded by JSA in the last 6 month's. A little worried.

I'll post some examples when I have more time but I was wondering if anyone else has seen any questionable activity from JSA lately?

Views: 387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed, most people don't want to hear this but when they submit their items it doesn't take a room full of experts and a lab with cutting edge equipment to print out that rejection letter.

Your right Mike I did say that about listing some examples. I get very confused with the Mickey Mantle autograph's. What you guys call the banana Mantle's when I'm looking I see graded one's by JSA and PSA that have that banana type shape. I will for sure take some time later and post a few examples but I'm guessing that signing so many autographs that some of Mantle's signature's have that type of curve.

almost all of the 500 HR ball forgeries exhibit the same flaws.  if you are not comfortable with Mantle, then focus on the Killebrew. it is easy to spot.  There is also something in the McCovey signatures that all of the forgeries miss.   

Here is a ball graded by PSA with the M in Mickey that get's me mixed up. Was it normal of him to have that banana shape on some of his signatures? Thanks                                                                   http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Home-Run-Club-Signed-Baseball-PSA-DNA-T...

Robert, those sigs are all authentic.

There are hundreds of variations of particular Mantle sigs depending where he was signing, the surface, etc.

It's all about "training your eyes."

Thanks Chris! I'm trying to take in everything all the knowledgeable people on here have to offer and learn as much as I can.

You're welcome, Robert.

It takes time, Robert, it takes time.

For what it's worth, SGC has been doing a pretty good job (so far) in authenticating signatures.

As for 500 HR balls, personal question: Do most 500 HR collectors bother with the modern 500 HR members?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service