We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I purchased this off eBay from a seller with 11000 feedback, but two negs in last 12 mo, one of which was for a PSA determination of a non-authentic autograph. (I didn't check this before purchase, which is my own fault.) Anyway, the problem I'm having is Clint Hurdle's signature looks COMPLETELY wrong, and a lot of the other player signatures look too similar (slant, stroke width, etc) on "C"s, "E"s, and "S"s. Now, in defense of the ball, the players whose signatures look alike really do have somewhat similar signatures. My main concerns are with the Charles Johnson, Scott Elarton, Todd Helton, Larry Walker, and, of course, Hurdle signatures, as those would be the ones most likely to be forged:

SS (C formation & H looks completely wrong for Hurdle):

West (Helton looks sorta okay, but also looks drawn):
East (C, E & S formations):
North (notice the S and E formations):
South (notice the S & C formations):

Views: 195

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

the ball is a forgery.  the helton and walker signatures are awful. please get your money back.  for future reference, ignore ebay feedback.  all a feedback of 11000 means is that he/she shipped 11000 items on time.

Seller sent me my money back. At least that takes one forgery off the market.

Thanks terrier!

I am glad that you were able to get your money back.

Yeah. He actually refunded me as soon as I mentioned the Hurdle autograph looking funny. He then wrote me a fairly long (by eBay standards) message about how he's positive the ball is 100% authentic, since it originated from a Rockies season ticket holder who is a retired judge. The story really sounded like a bunch of overkill, but, if I give the benefit of the doubt to the seller (based in Utah), should I turn the ball in to the local FBI office?

Near 100% feedback ratings mean almost nothing since most people give positive feedback right away after noting that their new item is as pictured. But then, a few months later, after they realize they've bought a forgery, it's too late to change the feedback.

Furthermore, eBay loves to put pressure on you until you leave feedback, of course knowing that you haven't had time enough to possibly have the item authenticated. TO ACCURATELY LEAVE FEEDBACK REQUIRES TIME, and eBay doesn't want you to wait until you get the bad news.

I THINK IF THE GUY WAS OPENLY AND KNOWINGLY SELLING 11000 FAKES HE WOULD HAVE MORE THAN 2 NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS WHY DONT YOU CHECK HIS OTHER ITEMS HE COULD BE A FORGER OR COULD HAVE MADE A MISTAKE ON THIS BUT HAS SOLD OTHER GOOD ITEMS I DONT KNOW THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE CASE HE MAY HAVE BOUGHT THE ITEM IN GOOD FAITH THE RETIRED JUDGE COULD HAVE BEEN SOLD A FORGERY BUT BELIEVED IT WAS GOOD OR HE MAY HAVE SAT AND SIGNED IT HIMSELF BUT BEFORE YOU LEAVE A NEGATIVE OR REPORT HIM TAKE TIME TO GIVE A MEASURED RESPONSE  E BAY BASHING IS OK WHEN DUE AND IM ALL FOR SHUTTING DOWN THE FORGERS BUT THERE ARE SOME DECENT SELLERS ON THERE AND EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES EVEN THE BEST AUCTION HOUSES IN THE BUSINESS AND ROGER EPPERSON ,SHOULD WE HAVE THEM CLOSED DOWN 

YOU CAN HAVE A $10 QUICK OPINION TURNED AROUND IN 2 DAYS BEFORE OR AFTER YOU BUY AND YOU GET NEARLY 3 MONTHS TO LEAVE FEEDBACK

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service