We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Jimmie Foxx 1932 envelope: Authentic? opinions appreciated!

photo%201%20%286%29.JPG

photo%202%20%287%29.JPG

I reallllyyyyy would love for this one to be legit. Envelope is dated July 3rd 1932

What do you think? Thanks everyone!

*I apologize for the picture quality, scanner is down at the moment*

Views: 388

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Man, sorry. Not authentic. I think this is a clear forgery attempt. Is this something you were looking to buy?

No, fortunately. I bought a storage unit at action on which I got an amazing deal and I've already made my money back from flipping my usual trade (old school and vintage video games). But, amongst the boxes I found many autographs. This was one that seemed to be the most legit. I made the rookie mistake of assuming that the signatures were most likely legit because the envelope and postage attached seemed to be pretty official. 

In attempts to develop an eye for fakes; can I ask what sent up the red flags on this one?

Ya, the Babe's autograph is jacked up. The e is off and the th is messed up. The th slants too much. The ending formation of h is too long. The crossing of the t is probably not long enough. And the R just isn't right. The overall writing just looks like a forgery attempt. Moreover, the J in Jimmie is not right. I would say the Cobb is the closest.

For me, they all simply looked two similar to come from three different people. 

Thank you! I've noted all of that. I'm attaching another Ruth ($5 silver note) and Cobb. My scanner is out of order right now so I'll be resubmitting the silver note later this week but, first impressions?

Attachments: No photo uploads here
My first impression on the Babe Ruth is authentic! I mean it looks pretty good. The Cobb looks pretty good too. I know Cobb liked green ink. I just don't know about what time period green ink was available and when he started using it. 1939 could be too early, but I don't know. The autograph looks pretty good though. What year is the silver certificate?

Hey, I'm going to send you a friend request. Cool?
Okay, just checked. Ty Cobb started using green ink in 1910. So that's covered.

awesome. I think I have a couple of his in green come to think of it. Did Hendrix happen to like green ink too? hahah because I have two of his in green as well.

Good point! I'll have to look into that. 

The silver cert. is 1934. 

and I just sent you one actually! haha so yeah, cool 

I just posted a couple more promising ones, The Rat Pack and Marilyn Monroe if you're interested.

Ok, I'll check them out. I'll probably be going to sleep soon, so I'll probably talk to you tomorrow. Looks like you may have found some pretty good stuff.

Hey, well thanks for your help. This seems like a pretty awesome little community and it might save me from gamble on all these JSA fee's. And I really hope so. There is nothing better than a diamond in the rough. Thanks again James.

Hey, no problem. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service