We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Who is left in the industry of reliable reputation to complete authentications of Beatle-related autographs?

Views: 6378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the autograph that was reviewed by Epperson. Both PSA/DNA and PAAS said likely not genuine. I normally wouldnt give much credence to those reviewers, but they both came back with the same answer. That should concern folks. Thoughts?
Attachments: No photo uploads here
I am not an expert by any stretch, but looks good to me. I wouldn't put much credence in PAAS and PSA doesn't really have anyone knowledgeable on vintage nusic anymore.
So with an Epperson LOA alone, would you purchase this autograph (assuming price was right)?

I think it oks as well, but....would I buy it......NO

I personally put higher faith in Roger than PSA when it comes to music. It isn't a piece in general that interests me, only because I prefer vintage autographs on something that tells a story. I like to know more of a when/where etc.

However I am sure there would be plenty of interest. You could always consign it to Perry Cox with the Epperson COA and he would write one up too.
Thanks. I didn't purchase the item. I am not getting the kind of feedback that would overwhelmingly suggest the Epperson review alone would suffice. It's interesting too that one would be hard-pressed to find a Lennon autograph listed on eBay, the largest online auction site, with an Epperson COA. That says something to me as a buyer. If he had the reputation that folks say he does, why are there not any with his COA for sale? 40+ years collecting autographs, it's incredibly sad how bad things have gotten relative to authentication, in my opinion.

Last week another Lennon signature confirmed by Mr. Epperson had to be cancelled at eBay as a fake.

Link to cancelled Lennon with REAL coa?
So this was a quick opinion then? Not an loa, I would be interested in seeing proof he even did give a quick opinion on the item.
I count 7 items listed either showing Roger's COA for Beatles are mentioning they have the REAL coa. Also pretty sure RR Auctions uses Roger to authenticate most of The Beatles items on their auction site. He is well known.

Beatlesfan64,

Nowhere in the listing does it say it has an Epperson LOA, just a Heritage one. How do you know it has Epperson certification? Have you seen the LOA? Can you post it?

I may be looking at an old listing. It's dated 11/19/16. Is there a later one?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service