We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Who is left in the industry of reliable reputation to complete authentications of Beatle-related autographs?

Views: 6378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Likewise, ive dealt with those respectable dealers and have earn't my respect, it really is a rare thing in a hobby with so much bs.

I use Nigel Lemon at Beatlesmarketplace. Trust his opinion everytime. 

In the old days I would use Frank C. He was always at the top of the list and he actually was pleased when I found a genuine set. Mind you I went through a ton of "sorry not genuine" to get there. I also would ask Stephen Maycock at Sothebys now at Bonham's or Paul at Tracks and would say they are really good. I found Nigel at the Beatles Marketplace to be excellent as well. Perry Cox is also good. Lately I've used Roger and I'm completely happy with his assessments and wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services. I think there are many good sources out there and for the most part I think their opinions on the items I've shown them have been consistent. This is a good thing.

Nigel Lemon at beatlesmarketplace is rubbish i asked his opinion on some autographs what he told me were good i bought them and they were fake so not a fan of him sorry,Stephen Maycock at bonhams is very good though.

who told you they was fake after Nigel's opinion......if you don't mind me asking that is....also...please remember no one is perfect if l was to buy a set of the Beatles these days l would ask maybe 2 or 3 opinions, been bitten twice now on this groups set of signatures

no problem mark,i asked nigels opinion on a complete set of autographs sent him the sellers pictures they sent me he said most prob genuine so i bought them for 4500 as soon as i received them i knew they were fake,asked frank C but no reply so sent them to tracks with no reply,I took them to Bonhams and had them confirmed as not genuine,like you say no one is perfect but i think you cannot tell today until you have them in your hand,so i think Nigels website needs to update to only send in the originals instead of the first valuation what states send me clear scans etc this is just my opinion

This has been relisted on eBay, and according to the seller "Roger Epperson and PSA said likely not genuine."
There you have it.
"John Lennon Autograph! Heritage auctions sold me this autograph with there COA! Roger Epperson and PSA said likely not genuine. With that being said, bid at your own discretion. In other words it's a toss up! Real or not real? You decide! Frame not included! Just autograph!"

It is no longer listed, but still under the completed listings.
So did Heritage sell it at a fraction of the value of an authentic Lennon signature of similar quality?
I tried to find the heritage auction, but couldn't. I would be interested to the answer. His description really makes you want to buy it though...Real or not real, you decide! Haha
Ha.
Give that Lennon a big miss.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service