REAL?

Views: 618

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That seller is crazy!

Referring to the earlier points made in this thread, I continue to be amazed that photos/postcards signed on the back make such a premium over signed album pages. As Tiziano said they are basically the same - unless of course they are linked to a specific event like a flight or filming on loaction somewhere.

I fear I may have said this before but for me the same applies to signed photos and records. I realise that they are much better to display and much rarer than signed album pages but the signatures alone are the same whatever they are on - in fact on the backs of LPs with tons of text and scuff marks the signatures can be quite hard to make out. Obviously if there are only 100 or so signed LPs around they should have a big premium but to me they shouldn't be 20x the price of a nicely signed album page.

With some tasteful framing (for instance matted under a vintage LP or photograph) a signed album page can also make a cracking display. 

As for future prices, it is hard to believe that the Beatles prices will go down but you never know. Silent film stars are also not fetching the prices they used to. Anyway, I have a feeling we'll all be long gone before that happens.  

Yes eva. Many people buy signatures on lp or photo and these signatures are not visible and pay for it much and much money... This is stupid! An autograph must be seen and to be written well. If signed on album or front photo or program and the signatures are all visible the piece sure have more and more value of a piece of paper..
But for me have more important the autograph and not the support... If you have a contract signed for me you have a holy grail!!

RSS

Real Autograph News: Keep up on what's going down in autographs

Subscribe to our newsletter, Real Autograph News 

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2009-2017   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Community Manager.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service