We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I won this from Christie's in 1986, but now would like it looked at by members here after reading some questionable auctions took place then.  It is a generic EMI UK sleeve, signed in ink by John & Paul and in pencil by George & Ringo.  The Harrison sig is lightest of the 4.  It is framed under glass.

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have serious questions about the authenticity of this item.  do you have any idea as when this would have been signed?

Unfort I have lost all papers over the years.  I think it was signed before they hit it big in the USA, like 1963, but I really am not positive.

I agree. These don't look right to me at all.

What is it about them that doesnt look right?  I dont know early Beatles signatures.

Well, for example, take a look at the Ringo. The "R" wasn't done correctly, there's an extra hump between the "N" and "G", and the "r"s in "Starr" are completely wrong. That's probably the worst one, but they're all pretty bad.

Honestly not one of them looks even close.

The "G" in George is also very shaky. the "J" in John is very non typical, as is the n, as he rarely makes it.  the P and L in Paul are way off, as is the entire last name. I would be very very surprised if these were authentic.  I'm sorry to say.

Well its water under the bridge now, like I say it was in 1986 at a Christies NYC auction.  Its such a shame when a trusted (or so you think) auction house sells bad items.  They had a lot of Beatles signatures at that auction, I bid on this one because it was on a less desirable piece and the starting bid was less than the other items.

it has happened to us all Steve, especially back then.

sorry steve, the the guys that responded on this are correct. not authentic.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service