We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone!

Would appreciate your help with this Bruce Springsteen autograph. Do you think it's good or bad?

Thanks for helping!

Views: 1809

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5x4 to be picky, but I see your point.

I will get back to the seller and keep you guys updated.

But if it's a preprint, shouldn't we be able to find pics of more of those?

And thanks guys for putting in so much efford in trying to help, it's very appreciated!!

These days, with all this technology about, I think we need to think more about signatures "printed" on photos that we will not recognize as "preprints" aka the norm from studios etc. If not for the utter laziness and stupidity of this Springsteen forger, what were the chances of finding the origin signature? Also, the precarious nature of authentication opinions rendered from a scan with the aforementioned concerns is illuminated by this thread.  

You and I might be looking at a different line. That line is very straight and not typical. Very hard for someone to free hand that and It looks out of place. I can't recall ever seeing a line that straight in a signature.

You are speaking of the vertical line in "B" that aligns with the "missing ink", yes? One also worries about non-extant artifacts in this bad photo/scan.

Yes, very hard to free hand a line that straight. Try it. What does it mean, I have no idea. It just looks out of place along with the ink missing directly above it.
I'm signing off-talk to you later

It was the canvas texture creating this jagged/like appearance. Not very bright to scan a signed fabric like heavyweight cotton canvas with such a pronounced mechanical weave and attempt to forge that signature on a photographic surface.

No, that's not the best of ideas. But if not for you guys it would have fooled me...
As Jan Cogo mentions, if this is a pre-print, seeing the whole photo would be good so we can check if other exist.

I do take Robert's point and it is hard to say for sure if it is a real signature or pre-sprint from the photo.
I actually have attached the whole photo. But it's on page 2 and easily missed in all the replies.

Here it is again!

Thanks as always Richard!!!
Attachments: No photo uploads here

The 8x10 I saw of this online was him on a street on a motorbike. It was B/W with the signature taking up the same space in the street. The OP's looks like a reduction to 5x4 and the signature, although not the same, is also perfectly reduced in size to scale. It looks very odd. Hard to say much from this low quality image.

What is this? The blue one has PSA/DNA.

Good work Eric my friend! Case closed and I'll stay far away from the one I have asked about.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service