We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

David Gilmour - Rattle that Lock Program FORGERY - eBay - 13 bids - $760.00

I know I've seen some people recently looking for David Gilmour autographs. Here is one to avoid. With 4 days left in auction, the price is already up to $760 dollars with 13 bids. 

Seller is soundchaser_fred who is selling other bad autographs, but has 100% feedback (surprise, surprise).

This is a common DG forgery, a poor attempt might I add. AVOID!

Views: 571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That "D" seems a bit small proportionally and with uncomfortable shape. It also seems a bit busy overall, with an odd /long trail.

There is no cure for stupidity!

I believe there are a couple things drawing novelists to bid on this auction:

1. The auction photos of him walking in the area from the fan's perspective. But as a lot of us know, Dave skipped signing before all his concerts (myself being one of those causalities).

2. The item itself - the program is from his recent tour and would be a highly sentimental gift (especially around the holidays) for someone who attended in the past year

3. Signature placement - ideal placement if it were genuine

Amateur collectors at MOST look for one, maybe two traits in a signature. Gilmour notoriously overlaps the 'd' and 'G' in Gilmour. Yes this signature has that. But literally everything else in the signature screams FAKE.

Looks like a BIG bid retraction! Down to $177.49

Just wondering. Was the bid retraction by design? If someone was fishing to find the ceiling of a current high bidder by placing a high bid and then retract it. Thus allowing another bidder to start bumping to up the final price. The current high bidder should have some serious concerns by that retraction.

Judging by this bid history, I certainly wouldn't rule any foul play out. Looks like its getting shilled. Gotta love ebay.

Yesterday, the seller edited the description to the item:

On Nov-30-16 at 05:56:45 PST, seller added the following information:

!!! AS THE ITEM SEEMS NOT TO BE AUTHENTIC TO SOME BUYERS, PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS !!!
THE AUTOGRAPH IS NOT PERFECT AS IT'S OBTAINED IN A HURRY (WHILE DAVID WAS ENTERING THE AIRPORT HALL)
 !!!!!!!!! BUT IT'S 101 % REAL !!!!!!!!!
I'M NOT THAT PERSON WHO SELLS FAKE AUTOGRAPHS FOR ABOUT US$ 1.500.00, BUT STARTS WITH A PRICE OF US 9.99
SO ANYBODY CAN BUY THE AUTOGRAPH... BUT I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE WHEN YOU MAKE BIDS OF US$ 750.00 OR MORE
SO PLEASE ONCE AGAIN, BEFORE YOU BID JUST CHECK VIA A THIRD PARTY AUTHENTICITY ORGANIZATION
AND IF YOU BELIEVE THERE IS ANY DOUBT... DO NOT BID
BUT DON'T BLAME ME FOR A FAKE SELLER AS I HAVE A 100 % FEEDBACK

"101% Genuine" LOL

"I'm not responsible" - love it

It's 100% fake. David didn't sign at airports, hotels etc. throughout his 2016 tour. The only times he signed were book events alongside Polly Samson, his wife and there were just a handful of those (LA, Toronto, NYC, Wales).

Below are CDs I got signed in Wales earlier this year - one of them is for sale, may I add, for a very decent price.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/group/free-autograph-buy-sell-tra...

soundchaser fred has been selling bad forgeries for years now.i actually sent him a message on eBay the other day about this piece.the message was....."still selling forgeries? Get a life!"

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service