We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ebay Seller Ilghsthntr2006 Mickey Mantle Autographed Photo Forgery COA My Favorite Players

Check out this Mickey Mantle forgery listed on Ebay.

Typical Mickey Mantle forgery that we've seen hundreds of times.

First, this Mickey Mantle forgery is listed by Ebay seller Ilghsthntr2006.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-8-x-10-Autograph-with-COA-/19...

Now read the below item description by Ebay seller Ilghsthntr2006:

This is what the expert told me last night about the Mickey Mantle autograph;

I guarantee you its authentic-it matches up perfectly to my psa/dna autograph--there are a ton of fake mantles out there but this is not one of them, the fakes are not always easy to spot but the one you got is definitely real.  unsure who you talked to but I would not take advice from them. Also the people on google that state 90% are fake are people selling autos so of course they are going to run others down, most fakes(not all) are on 3x5 index cards(don't ever buy one of those),not a fake, not a forgery and google what his signature looks like and you can tell for yourself.  if it were a fake you would find other fakes of that same image also which you will not find-that's another way to check them--ebay also has a list of the authenticators you should not buy from and the one on there is good. but seriously whoever told you your info today please don't listen too as they don't know what they are talking about-Kenny

Of course, I am wondering who this expert is?  What field are they an expert in?  Certainly not an autograph expert.

The COA is from My Favorite Players. 

This is, as it always is, about the autograph.  

This is simply an ugly and poorly-executed forgery.

If the seller reads this blog, I challenge them to submit it to PSA or JSA.

But that shouldn't be a problem for Ebay seller Ilghsthntr2006 because according to his expert (Kenny) "I guarantee you its authentic-it matches up perfectly to my psa/dna autograph."

Is Ebay seller Ilghsthntr2006 "Kenny?"

According to expert (I still don't know what kind of expert Kenny is) Kenny, the above and below Mickey Mantle matches up perfectly to his PSA/DNA autograph.

If that's the case, then Ebay seller Ilghsthntr2006 shouldn't have any problem proving me wrong.

Makes me wonder if Ebay seller Ilghsthntr2006 is Kenny.

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kenny, the expert writes "if it were a fake you would find other fakes of that same image also which you will not find-that's another way to check them."

This particular Mantle forgery has been around since well I started exposing forgeries.

Here's the same forgery (penned by the same forger).  It was listed and sold by Ebay seller Tbone97c.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Autographed-Photo-And-Plaque-...

Kenny the expert writes ""if it were a fake you would find other fakes of that same image also which you will not find-that's another way to check them."

Here's the same Mantle forgery listed by Ebay seller Gridironlegends.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTLE-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-AUTOGRAPHED-...

LOL dreadful common forgery we've seen a thousand times. "Most forgeries are on index cards"--LMAO. Yeah right. "Kenny" is clueless.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service