We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ebay Seller Rubio210_0 500 Homerun Club Mickey Mantle Autographed Baseball Hilarious Forgeries Gotta Read

Check out the below set of ugly, putrid-looking and hilarious set of "500 Homerun Club" forgeries listed by Ebay seller Rubio210_0.

The below set of poorly-executed and ugly "500 Homerun Club (Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, etc)" listed by Ebay seller Rubio210_0 come with an interesting item description.

Ebay seller Rubio210_0 writes "Please do not let the lack of a COA deter from bidding on this awesome ball."

That is hilarious.....

But, Ebay seller Rubio210_0 also writes "Real collectors know these are legit signatures."

That is even more hilarious!!!!

This is why sellers of forgeries list crap like this on EBay; they know the suckers and wannabe autograph collectors will purchase their forgeries.

And that's why Ebay has profited millions from the sales of forgeries for the past twenty years!!!

And as long as Ebay continues to allow sellers of forgeries to pollute our autograph hobby, we will continue to expose them.

Here are those ugly "500 Homerun Club" forgeries listed by Ebay seller Rubio210_0.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-HOME-RUN-HR-CLUB-basball-SIGNED-BY-12-M...

Tags: 500, Hall, Homerun, MLB, NY, Yankees, baseball, club, fame, forgery, More…mantle, mickey, of, signed, stats

Views: 1901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't even notice that after seeing the first picture I didn't need to see anymore.

what a horrendous ball

Why are we bumping old topics? hmm

Hi all,

I'm a totally newbie to the complexities of professional grade autograph collecting, but this thread caught my eye and I hope someone can answer my question.

Everybody seems to agree that this guy's ball is terrible. But I'm really curious what everyone sees that guarantees it's a fraud. Can anyone point out some specifics?

You see, I'm really curious because I, too, have a 500 HR Club ball (plus Koufax & Drysdale), and when I look at this signatures, most of them seem pretty close to mine.

I know mine is real because I got them all myself at BB Card shows in the 80's & 90's, but at first glance, the only difference I see is the whiteness of the ball. Mine is a Bart Giamatti era ball, and it was pure white when I started collecting, but over the years it's gotten a bit dirty from the handling. (I keep it under glass, but it actually looks game-used now)

So, what makes his ball so obviously bad? I'm really curious. With my limited experience (and slight guilelessness), I might wonder if it's real, but everyone here seems to be able tell instantly. I love a bit of insight.  

Also, I'm never going to sell mine, but it never occurred to me to keep any receipts or documents. (I may have saved a few, but only a few, at best.)

I really am a newbie here, so this might have an obvious answer, but is there anything I can do to establish the authenticity with anything but my good word?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

If anyone's interested, here's who I have: Koufax; Drysdale; Aaron & Williams in the sweet spot. (It's kinda funny - Aaron was there first, but Ted W was kind of a jerk and signed over Aaron. He said he only signs the sweet spot) Mantle, Reggie, F. Robinson, Mays & McCovey; Killebrew, Mattews. Murray & Banks

I'd still like to add Bonds & McGwire, and possibly Kershaw on the same panel as Sandy & Don.

Study autographs, Michael. Do it every day.  It takes a long time to train your eyes to see the obvious.

As for the above laughable "500 Homerun Club" set of forgeries, they are obvious forgeries to those that have studied, and continue to study and look at autographs on a daily basis.

Thanks for the reply, Christopher.

I just asked terrier8HOF this same question:

Can you point out any one or two you find particularly heinous?

Michael forgeries are intended to look like authentic examples. Some are better than others. This one is truly pathetic.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you point out any one or two you find particularly heinous?

All the signatures are off. The Mike Schmidt if you check authentic examples you've got to see some differences. The Robinson in Frank R is esp bad. Take good looks at them, cant Ernie banks spell his name? Good luck and really look at these signatures, they are truly terrible.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service