We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ebay Seller Wtc1044 Derek Jeter Autographed Magazine Ugly Forgery Sold For $110.00

Check out this horrific-looking Derek Jeter forgery that recently sold on Ebay.

This is the reason why Ebay sellers of forgeries use Ebay as their primary site for listing and selling forgeries.  They know that wannabe autograph collectors will purchase their forgeries.

This is one hideous-looking and ridiculous Derek Jeter forgery.

Who in their right mind would spend a penny on garbage like this!!!

This ugly Derek Jeter forgery was listed and sold by Ebay seller Wtc1044.

This ugly Derek Jeter forgery sold by Ebay seller Wtc1044 easily makes out "Top Ten List Of Ugliest Derek Jeter Forgeries Sold On Ebay."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Rod-and-Derek-Jeter-signed-magazines-Plus...

Tags: Baseball, Derek, Ebay, Forgery, Jeter, NY, Seller, Signed, Wtc1044, Yankees

Views: 877

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awful

Definitely, Terrier.    One ugly Jeter forgery.

That's hilarious, Al.

To his "Untrained eye."  Too funny.

I especially love the part about lowering the opening bid.....yeah, that makes it ok.

In all fairness he didnt have to include that update.  For all you know, hes a guy who likes Jeter but knows nothing about signatures.  I understand where he's coming from, because to my untrained eye, a lot of the items you (by you I mean the very helpful bunch of folks in here) claim are forgeries look like the authentic items.  Its not easy for someone who doesnt know the intricate details of a signature to be able to know.. If this guy was a scam, he wouldnt have included the update.

On the other hand, you guys are finding all sorts of scams all the time so I can understand the pessimistic approach to these items being sold.

"For all you know, hes a guy who likes Jeter but knows nothing about signatures."

Then he shouldn't be selling them. And once he's informed there's a potential problem with it (if he didn't already know from the start), the correct course of action is to remove the auction and get to the bottom of it.

"If this guy was a scam, he wouldnt have included the update."

He just tried to get the money and run with his weasel-worded disclaimers and lowering of the starting bid, as if it's okay to sell forgeries as long as it's not for too much money. Not what I would consider a shining star among ebay sellers.

"Then he shouldn't be selling them. And once he's informed there's a potential problem with it (if he didn't already know from the start), the correct course of action is to remove the auction and get to the bottom of it."

I disagree with you.  I personally do not know much about signatures, thats why Im here, to learn.  I also own a Jeter which I believe to be authentic (authenticated by JSA). If I decide I need or want to sell the item, Im selling it based on what I believe is a real signature.  If some RANDOM person emailed me and told me its fake, I would delete the message and continue on.

Im just saying not everyone knows this profession and not everybody is a professional. 

Disclaimer: This person may be a scam artist I dont know.  I just think that being new to this forum, without the skills of others in it, without having been here long enough ot be jaded, I bring a different perspective.

It's not the same thing. With a JSA cert, there is a presumption (good enough for ebay and lots of other people) that somebody who knows something about autographs has vouched for the item. Therefore, you personally not knowing about it isn't as important, and you shouldn't run into any hiccups selling it.

On the other side is somebody selling something they claim not to know anything about and offering no type of certification. You're not allowed to sell forgeries on ebay just because you plan on pleading ignorance if you get caught. Besides, based on the lengthy disclaimers throughout the whole listing, I have serious doubts this person needed to be told that these items are fishy.

fair enough there is a difference I guess. 

The ARod is awful too

This Arod is good. Al you have a terrible eye if you are saying this is fake.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service