We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hope to get some feedback on this 1955 Hank Snow tour program. On the bill that night in Mobile Alabama was a 19 year old Elvis Presley.

I like this and I'm wondering if my instincts are on the money ??? 

Your thoughts more than welcome... 

Views: 1101

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It don't think it's good.

Many thanks Steve !!

Anyone else like to take a go at this one ???

Compared with others from 54/55 this one Don looks fine to me. Great Autograph in my opinion.
Hi Steve,

I'm trying to explain to a friend about Elvis's signature and using the attached as a good example.

I've noticed that he used a lot of loops in his handwriting, and from what I understand he often went with 'Best wishes' as an inscription.

Obviously it uses biro pen and not a marker, due to the times. I also see that his signature changes quite a lot also, but many of the hallmarks remain the same, which are seen in the example.

Is there anything else you normally look for?
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Thanks, that's a big help.

It seems like the example I sent had a good chance of being authentic. The signature matches up and the inscription is a mess. You know what it says but the other than a few letters you can't really see for sure what each letter is.
Well Bob, in my opinion you hadn't a good chance. I am very sorry.
The handwriting looks to round and very soft. The P is very round and the LEY looks very unusual without any E and an untypically Y. But this is only my opinion.

it actually looks more secretarial, especially the inscription

Yes, must done by a female.
I'm really unsure. The story behind it told by Henrik Knudsen is very convincing, but at the same time I can see that there are red flags.

He actually got quite a few items from Sheriill, including 3 of his (SN) Jumpsuits, a tour jacket, his Gold ID card, some letters etc.

I just really don't know...

Sherrill Neilsen was it ???

My daddy always told me "...dead men tell no tales..."

Yeah, obviously before his death though.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service