We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Please tell me what you think of this Elvis Presley autograph:

Thanks,

Steve

Tags: autograph, elvis presley, signed

Views: 8011

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am Steve Cyrkin.

Sorry Steve, I couldn't resist.

Mike, that was funny!!!!

Spartacus....what a great movie!!!!

That was funny, Mike. I'm glad I thought of it!

So no one could tell who certified it, I didn't upload all the images when I posted this discussion. Here they are:

Screenshot of the eBay listing. Click to enlarge:

The autograph matted with a picture of Elvis:

A closeup of the autograph:

The Global Authentics COA:

It's such a ridiculous forgery I had a hard time believing even Global authenticated it, so I looked it up in their database. Click to enlarge:

Notice that Global described it as a Christmas card. Here's the front of the Christmas card from silverscreensignatures listing:

Here's a link to the cert in GA's database: http://www.globalauthentics.com/certcheck/vintage.asp?c=682239

Thank you Steve. I have contacted the seller and am having the item sent into the office and it will be taken out of circulation. I appreciate your efforts in this matter.

You're welcome, Steve. But how did it happen? As bad as the signature is, the "Merry Christmas" inscription is worse. It bears no resemblance at all to Elvis's handwriting. It is truly the worst Elvis Presley I've ever seen certified by any third-party authenticator...even Morales. 

You constantly accuse me of picking on you because GA is a competitor of PSA/DNA; and for the umteenth time, I haven't had a financial interest in it for years. But JSA is a much bigger competitor of PSA/DNA, yet I consider them fairly similar overall. Why would I unfairly go after you and not JSA?

Example number one of many is the Johnny Cash signature study reply that you just wrote in reference to Brandon's submitted examples of two JSA certed Johnny Cash items, one on Ebay and one on Pristine.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Roger is an advertiser and you could not possibly cast any doubt about an item that he potentially could have examined for JSA now could you?

Honestly Steve if you want more examples then you will get them but in the mean time when you are presented items that your members post of PSA and JSA try not to have such a biased view point as you barely blinked an eye when the JSA items were posted yet start an entire blog about the Presley piece.

Where is Dr. Linden when you need him??

Steve,

The one on eBay was from July 29. I commented on the one Brandon posted today and said I didn't know Johnny Cash, but I saw why he didn't like it:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/johnny-cash-signatur...

Please be accurate about what you say.

As for Dr. Linden, I will talk about it soon since you mentioned him...someone I saw 20 years ago. But your attempts at extortion to try to scare me away are criminal and shows who you really are.

Extortion? What say you about extortion?

No I think this will actually show who you really are Steve. Your smear campaign against others is pathetic when your past is littered with skeletons and what you refer to as "horrible forgeries" from your company Starbright. You picked this battle pal not me. I came on here to fix something that a staff member did and you continue to attack me for it and then say that you do not "favor" JSA or PSA who NEVER own up to anything they do incorrectly?

Just because you have your own website does not mean that you can go after whomever you want just because you have some dilusional personality issues and get away with it scott free. You might need the NFL replacement officials to get a ruling on this one in your favor Steve.

Please tell everyone about the "horrible forgeries" from Starbrite you're talking about. Since you're claiming that's what I called them, I'd like to know. 

Steve, the battle I picked is trying to protect collectors against forgeries. That's a big part of what we do on this site, and it's what I love. I will do it until the day I die and there are a lot of like-minded people on this site much younger than me who will carry on once I'm gone.

The reason Global gets called out so much is because most Global Authentics autographs on the market are "highly questionable" at best.

Hey Steve C, you did recently call Aring out about the forgeries that were part of Starbrite's inventory. Not sure if you deleted that post but I remember reading it.
You basically wrote publicly that that you did not trust him (Aring) and questioned his autographs. You battled with Aring on that topic (starbrite) a bit and then you booted him from the site.

I remember it because that caught me off guard. I knew you were part owner and here you were writing in a public forum that you guys had suspect material for sale.

dirty_water_ink is the thread and it also has a number of questionable items referenced by this EBAY seller on it as well citing GA certifications Michael.  Incidently, that thread is somewhat chewed up as with Aring's departure the comments went as well (and some rightfully so).  It also brings up again the Schu45 psa/dna connection that has never been resolved as far as I know.

as you have noted it's difficult to convey in writing an expression but way too often there is alot of unprofessional comments that are allowed to boil on way too many hijacked threads.

In my view the "copies of coas" that aren't ours are being used as an excuse just like the well - that makes one out of 1gazzillion sold.  the latter, btw, is what coachs corner essentially quoted to the PA Attorney General's office.  Does the former happen, I'm sure it does but not everytime someone is cited.

It's pretty obvious that some play "entrapment" games and then explain it away latter rather than simply lay out the issue in full disclosure thus we can allay all the negative flame throwing or some of it perhaps.

Using one of your own citations;

We started using the 3rd party authenticators at the suggestion of eBay's Trust and Safety department to bring more trust to our items on eBay. At first we didn't like the idea at all. I was very skeptical at first. But over time I have realized the value it brings our customers and as long as it brings value to our customers we will continue to do it.

And more trust is what it is all about as everyone who is a collector is not going to become an "opionionater" at any level. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service