We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

So not only is this not Freddie Mercury's handwriting, but it is also packed full of incorrect information about Mercury. Whoever wrote this claims to be Freddie and claims to have gone to school in Switzerland? Mercury never attended school there. This can't be a genuine Epperson LOA right?

Update: The LOA was from Roger Epperson and the item was indeed fake (please see thread for proof and details). Both Epperson and Gold agreed the item was not genuine and buyer was refunded in a timely manner.

Tags: Freddie, Mercury, Queen

Views: 6756

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good job Innuendo and hats off to Roger for being an honest man!! There's not that many around these days
+1...late on my part. This did nothing to hurt Roger's reputation. It only enhanced it. Most people shy away from admitting their mistakes. But when you take the high road, you strengthen your name, not harm it.

I just read this thread.

I am no expert in Queen but to examine a letter you have to double check the content and NOT just the handwriting. (In Germany we had such thing 30 years ago with the Hitler diaries where the hand was perfect but the paper age and content false). This is difficult to excuse for an authenticator imo.

This is the third thread I read here about things certificated by Roger Epperson that are not genuine or wideley regarded as not genuine by a lot of members here (and outside this forum).

It is good he admitted an error (surely he had to as the proofs were overwhealming) but whos opinon should one believe in the future? Personally I think it is nearly impossible to be an expert for all big names in music business and it would be better to concentrate on one band (as Frank Caiazzo does for Beatles) and not trying to be an expert from Abba to Zappa. That might be the reason for such errors.

This is a lesson we all have to learn - the market is getting more difficult each time. Pity for all who buy autographs and not getting them in person.

I agree with you,it must be very difficult to have so many different artists to examine.There will always be a chance that mistakes will happen.

Yes, i agree, Rich Consola for Elvis Presley autographs.

i have seen the same mercury letter here onthis website..i think it was sold 7 may 2016

but they did not include the certificate heh

well it is a shame..i really thought it was real..wow.puhh..incredible 

https://www.autographauctions.co.uk/0004-lot-180-MERCURY-FREDDIE-19...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service