We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

So not only is this not Freddie Mercury's handwriting, but it is also packed full of incorrect information about Mercury. Whoever wrote this claims to be Freddie and claims to have gone to school in Switzerland? Mercury never attended school there. This can't be a genuine Epperson LOA right?

Update: The LOA was from Roger Epperson and the item was indeed fake (please see thread for proof and details). Both Epperson and Gold agreed the item was not genuine and buyer was refunded in a timely manner.

Tags: Freddie, Mercury, Queen

Views: 6756

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did he have a "youger" sister, whatever that is, and sign his letters "Lovie, Freddie"?

Lol he did have a younger sister whose handwriting doesn't match this. But no, I'm afraid that "Lovie" thing is artistic license from whoever signed it
If Roger and Jeff both got this wrong, I'd be surprised.
They did get it wrong. Even if you think the handwriting is right, the fact is he never attended school there as it claims.
That is- IF it's a real LOA from Roger
Look, Jeff Gold isn't faking Epperson LOA's.
Excuse me, but who said he was? You'll notice I've said earlier on here that I'd hate for a good seller to get a bad wrap for an item he believed to be genuine. And that this item was sold somewhere before. Nowhere in here did anybody ever once claim or assume that this seller ever made a fake LOA.
Lots of posts to respond to, Innuendo, my apologies if I missed your point.
No problem, Xwiesy. I just didn't want anyone to think I assumed the worst of the seller. As I certainly dont.
They didn't write the letter(Gold or Epperson)

Was Mercury embellishing? Is there an explanation?

Those are two of the most trusted names in the business. Anybody can make a simple mistake.

I'm really looking forward to the explanation. You raise legitimate questions.

I can't comment on his signature as I do not know it. But, one glaring question comes to my mind. Why would somebody be so bold as to write an entire letter close enough that no one is disputing this item based on handwriting style make such an obvious error? Makes no sense especially since any expert would evaluate this extremely carefully before signing their name on a COA. Maybe Freddie was embellishing a bit on his life story.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service