We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

AP reporting that Gene Wilder's family confirmed the actor passed away today.

Views: 608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My daughter watched Willy Wonka every day for YEARS.  I worked night shift at the hospital and had to sleep in the morning at least a few hours, and I'd just pop in her tape and she'd be quiet.  I was never a big fan of his though myself.

My MJ forger in NY will have Gene items up within the next few hours, I'll bet anyone here on it. 

I'm with Wascher, the kids just love that show on car trips.

Very sad to hear I loved The Producers, Young Frankenstein and Willy Wonka

I start cry-laughing every time i watch See No Evil Hear No Evil and Gene Wilder says to the interrogating cop, "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?".

Very sad, great loss.

Met him at the old antiques lot on 25th St in NYC in a deli. Always wished I bought him a candy bar, but I turned back in a 5 year old when I saw him. He put his finger to his lips, said "Shh, it's me" and I'll never forget this, or the twinkle in his eye.

Eric

So sad... so many laughs and good memories from his work. Watched Willie Wonka with my kids recently. They loved it.

According to a report I read, he passed due to complications from Alzheimer's. Assuming his condition was advanced, can't help but wonder about the signatures that were coming from him through the mail as recently as last year.

Rest in peace, Mr. Wilder. A great entertainer!

I'm sure this will be sold out before long http://www.sigsfromthestars.com/#!product-page/c136p/b98dbe1a-3b01-1a51-bf72-13d93ab7c481

(Sorry - can't get the link to be clickable, but cut and paste and it should work). full cast signed willy wonka for $124.99)

.... And then they will just great new ones. Can't believe they manage to get away with operating. (I've seen a number of their 'wholesale signatures' on eBay, sure these will appear soon!)

"So much time and so little to do." RIP, Gene Wilder.

"Strike that, reverse it." Classic....

Two of my favorite movies of all-time: "Young Frankenstein" and "Willie Wonka". I originally saw them both when I was very young, and loved them then and still very much to this day. Willy Wonka is one of the greatest kids movies of all-time, but adults love it too. RIP, Mr. Wilder.
I apologize, Mr. Wilder. Your great movie was called "Willy Wonka" not "Willie Wonka", although I did write it correctly the second time above. Still, such mistakes should not be tolerated when discussing one of the greats. My bad.

As a huge fan of Willy Wonka I was lucky to get his autograph TTM a couple years ago. He must has liked my letter to him since included his own 4x6 that he personalized to me.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service