We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Gorgeous Babe Ruth ball - Mike Gutierrez COA - sold for only $2000!!

Ok, so this amazes me. You should check out item 261576584636, Babe Ruth signed baseball, authenticated by Mike Gutierrez. How crazy was that deal? A pawn shop recently sold this incredible Babe Ruth ball for only $2000 as a Buy It Now. They were even willing to take less with a Make Offer situation! They said that someone brought the ball into the shop off the street, and then they put it up on eBay.
So did they not realize what they had in their possession? I think this ball is probably worth $15,000 maybe, if it's legit. What do you think? I think it's real, and I wish I could have had it at this price. But how can a ball signed nearly 70 years ago remain in such incredible condition? Maybe if it were stored away in a dark closet for decades. The inscription and signature are gorgeous. And personalization doesn't bother me at all. It's just more writing in Ruth's hand. What's your take? I say the pawn shop dropped the ball on this one. Wow!

Views: 939

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not authentic.  Period.

agree with Christopher

Is there anything that stands out that makes you think it's not authentic?

Deliberate and carefully applied. No "bounce." Ask yourself... does it looks like a signature that has been naturally signed, or more like something that has been "drawn?"

Ditto.

Much too deliberate.

Also, I have a nice file of bad MG certed autographs.

Look at it this way... there are hundreds if not thousands of trained eyes scouring eBay every day looking for authentic Babe Ruth material. If something was real and listed at a low BIN, it would be gone moments after listing. It wouldn't last 5 minutes.

How long did this ball sit there with a $2,000 BIN?

I saw it initially at $2,995, and then literally while I was looking at it, they took it down. The next day then, they had it re-listed at $2000. Unfortunately, I didn't have the 2K in my PayPal. I have a disability, and consequently, I'm not exactly loaded. I needed to sell the PSA/DNA Ruth/Gehrig ball I do have to get the funds. I didn't have enough time. Once it went down to 2K, it sold in about 24 hours. I thought it looked legit, but a friend of mine, that I recommended it to, thought about it for several hours, but he just wasn't sure, so he didn't pull the trigger. I thought Gutierrez had a good reputation, though. Any more thoughts? Also, I don't know how long they had it listed at $2995.

I agree with Mr. Williams, the baseball does not look good to me. Steve is right, if it were real, it would have been bought faster than rabbits in heat having cotise

I appreciate and respect the thoughts and opinions of all the people that have contributed. Any more responses both positive and negative would likewise be welcome. I'd like to hear as many people chime in as possible - thanks.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service