We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Thought I'd share my involved quest to obtain one nicely-signed Jerry Lee Lewis album through the mail sent in care of his ranch.

The first album/signature, pictured below, is one I've shared on the forum previously. I received it April 21, 2014 when the charge was $50. The feedback here at the time was that the signature was legit, but maybe the personalization was in someone else's handwriting.

The second one I received back on April 18, 2016 after including the current $100 charge. I asked him to only sign his name and he added the "God Bless You" inscription on his own. The inscription looks nice, but unfortunately his signature was "mushy." Worse, the album was returned with a razor-like cut across it. I suspect it was sliced when the package was opened on JLL's end.  

I quickly sent one more request, explaining that my previous request did not come out so well and the album was damaged with the cut. I included two albums, another $100 and sent it in care of his wife, Judith. I wrote her that all I was looking for one nicely-signed album and that the second album I included could be used to try again if the first one didn't come out great and/or signed as a "make-up" for the previously-received damaged album. I also requested once again for JLL to sign only his name. I received these two albums back signed, personalized and with the "God Bless You" inscription again.   

In each case, I included a black Sharpie. I find it incredibly weird that while the ink flowed fine on all of the personalizations and inscriptions, it didn't flow so well on JLL's signature on four items over the course of three requests made over two years. I don't think I could get a Sharpie to run like that even if I tried. 

Views: 852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also believe that the personalizations are in the hand of JLL, as is suggested by the distinctive "D" in "Dave" combined with both the block letter and more accepted cursive "To" inscriptions. The block letter "To"s that I've seen show the crossbar of the "T" drawn first, as is the case with your signed LP as well as the following example. It also includes the "Killer" inscription that some have claimed is secretarial, but that I believe is in the hand of JLL. That is followed by a similar block letter "To" inscription along with JLL's distinctive "G."

I like this jll topic.

I think all the signatures you got back are legit.  Inscriptions, really cant say for sure.

If you believe the claim of TTM secretarials, wouldn't the "Sincerely" inscription from the first example have to be secretarial? I posted the following signed photo, which the owner claimed was signed in person, in response to the original examples given of alleged secretarials. The response was that it too is secretarial.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service