We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Greetings! 

Im in the situation that Im have been trying to find a place that can actually value it (in case insurance need to cover any damages if apartment burned down or theft.) Im not planning to sell the autograph I just want it valued (which I have tried doing locally without luck. (It was not their expertise) I live in Denmark and my best try was to send picture to a british company but without luck

The story of the Autograph: My aunt was a huge Morrison fan when she was young and she each week sent a letter to their studio in santa monica. One day she recieved the pictures letter with the signed picture (she wrote the date on the back of the envelope '4-27-71') I got it as a christmas present because I since I was really young have been talking about inheriting it after her (I like The Doors as well ;p)
My question is: How much is this worth? or where can I get it proper valued? The people I've tried have opted out saying an expert need to check it but living in Denmark Autograph checking is not something thats around :S

If anyone have an idea of the price range and if it even makes sense to get it valued (again for insurance purpose.)

Kind Regards Bo P

Tags: Jim, Morrison

Views: 1310

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with all,definitly not authentic.nothing about the sig nature comes close to real examples.Way off in every aspect.
Have you guys seen this photo before.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
He looks angry!

I don't think you're getting it, dude.

The autograph is NOT real. Your aunt may be the sweetest woman on the planet. She may have sent 100 letters. That means very little.

There are examples of MANY famous people having secretaries sign stuff. Clint Eastwood...for decades, had secretarial signatures. That's one of many examples.

You are not taking our FREE advice, so...go ahead. Spend money, get "expert" opinions, and...you'll find out the same thing.

Wow; 1st: simmer the f down. 2nd:  Dude if the argument of it being false is that the price on the letter is wrong and someone seing something is the only argument that there is to it being fake the advice is worthless. I came here to ask for a little more elaborate explaination : I when asked if it was possible / know that they copied his Autograph at the Studio (since I could not find any sources that elaborated that.) You just proved that the internet is a shitfest of people trying to school others instead of learning other people stuff. To add to your style: No im not taking your "FREE" advice since there is no argument for it rendering it utter useless.

jackotlucky posted info on why signature seems off to him, and that is more than your saying only leeter postage andsomeone sdeeinmg something.

That kind off advice is what you came here for so don't say you are not getting valid advice. you can also go to other doors posts here, learn from them and try authenticating it yourself

Dude ,we are all just trying to help.ithas nothing to do with the price of the postage.It has everything to do with the signature.All we are saying is that we all don't think it's real..that's all.Jack wasn't trying to get you pissed off ,he was just driving home a point.

I wasn't arguing that the signature isn't authentic solely because of the price of the postage. I was simply trying to understand how the letter got to Denmark for the price of domestic first class postage. If I believed that the signature was authentic, I wouldn't have asked about the postage.

First class postage to Europe back then was around $0.50-0.60/oz., which is why we used to use those thin onion skin type of self contained airmail letter and envelope in one.  If the photo was sent with that cardboard backing shown in the pictures, it would have been several dollars to mail it.  If the proper amount of postage wasn't on it, it would get returned.  Also, and without pointing any fingers, you can set a private postage meter for any date and amount you want.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service