We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello . I was is new york for a citytrip in 2013. Being a beatlefan I went to a fleamarket to look for records.Found no good records,but I saw a stand with posters etc and a lot of paper things.there I found this little paper with some writing on it.It said john and yoko and a date and adress.I could see it was handwritten and I knew John would always write john+yoko instead of john and yoko.So i bought the little paper and took it home.So investigating the piece I became pretty sure john wrote and drawn this. What do you guys think of it?

Views: 1910

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Grasping at straws on this one!!!

Well theres other stuff on this little paper.Like the nr 5 .it is drawn in 2 parts.he always did it like that.But anyone noticed the DATE ? Its the same date as on his fingerprintform to get his green card 3 weeks later.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Of course, first thing I did when you posted was Google that date. There is perhaps a reason that date is there and it appears to be working. What did you find for the event/address? How can you determine this is just not some sort of period flyer for something like a related appearance/celebration? Which is far more likely?

I see no reason to think John Lennon had anything to do with whatever that is.

I could find nothing on the adress. When you google its say library. But maybe in 1976 is was something else.i dont know. What I do see is about 20 things in this little paper wich are lennons style. All those things together is to coincidental. Well time will tell.

What have you found John and Yoko doing on that date? I do not see 20 little things - I see something that bears no resemblance to John Lennon's had or his artistic skills such as they were. You see something in the "8" for example - you showed a postcard with the alphabet and numbers written out. Should not most of the letters at least resemble? You note your item has two rather different "8"'s? A string of, to use your word coincidences, no matter how long, is not fact. You need something more substantial.

Well all i can exam is whats on the paper.i have the lennon letters book which is full of his handwriting. I know a string is not fact but how many 'strings' do you need? Maybe you search for exact clones from existing letters. Well it is what it is.

Right - only what is on the paper. You are connecting a date close to another date - that's in now. Do not let your heart be swayed by that which your eyes, mind and observation can not confirm in a verifiable manner.

Nixon had been disbarrred, the Democratic Convention was in NY and just a few days away - how do you this is not related to that is some way - an appearance etc?

Same date as his fingerprints.Maybe he was waiting at the immigration service to get the fingerprints done and meanwhile did this .I dont know.I have to look what was on that adress in 1976. But I live in Holland .So a bit difficult.

"Maybe..." You are seriously suggesting John Lennon traced a 3 inch image of himself from Shaved Fish while waiting in the immigration office?

As there is little to suggest anything else, how can you rule out that this is not simply some flyer? Or some other thing - perhaps a forgery? What is more likely?

Anything is possible. But i dont think flyers are put on this paper. Mostlikely printed.this is written.forgery? Of course i thought about that. Thats why i exam the paper. But you have to know lennons handwiting fot that. Besides autograph forgery is more easy. You only put down a name. This is more than a name. If its a forgery he has me fooled.

Anything is possible, so the reasonable and logical should be given its proper due. This is not more impressive that a decent Lennon forgery. It has a date you are connecting to something in your head. There is nothing about the item I can see that suggests Lennon would have created this. Maybe David Bowie did it - he was an artist, his "8"'s are quite similar and Lennon and Bowie worked together in 1975. Possible? Reasonable? If I showed that Bowie was in NYC on July 8th, 1976 would that mean something to you?  Why? Why not?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service