We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here is a John and Yoko autograph sold by Fleetwood Owen in 2000. The seller is showing the sale invoice as part of the provenance. To me it looks like someone tried to copy an original John and Yoko autograph. It doesn't look real to me. I tried to locate the actual auction image but could not find it. Any other thoughts?

Views: 745

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It looks off. Both signatures, actually.

So there is currently no way to connect those signatures to the October 2000 auction invoice?

I have tried to locate an image but nothing comes up. I have enough information and key words but no hits on my searches. I know it was October 17, 2000 - lot #7 the sale was called Beatles Imagine Auction and auctioneer Fleetwood Owen. My bet is this autograph is a copy of an original although the sale price is really low even for 2000?

I see references to the sale but no imagery. Your suspicions might well be founded - others with "Beatle eyes" will chime in I am sure.

these do not appear to be authentic

I don't like the Lennon at all. Yoko I don't know that well.

These don't look right to me either.
Both of them look way off.
Way off!

Try Cooper Owen which was owned by Cooper and Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood mac) I think.  If I remember correctly Cooper Owen was a dubious company that screwed a lot of people

Don't like 'em...

Here's why I don't like it -

1. The signatures start and end too neatly. There's no trailing off.

2. The ink is the same uniform shade, no light and dark.

3. Where's the 'n' in John? I'm pretty sure he never left it out.

4. Cooper Owen/Fleetwood Owen have sold some great stuff like instruments, clothes, etc. but they're not reliable with autographs in my opinion.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service