We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

R2-D2 actor Kenny Baker just passed away.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/star-wars-r2-d2-actor-8624354

Views: 331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sad to read this.

He led an inspirational life. A sad day for all Star Wars fans.

Yup very sad. Got quite annoyed at some dummies criticizing the way he signed the last year or so. They accept the crap that young modern stars scribble though.

No kidding. I've been more than a little amused by people buying and selling Jared Leto's "autograph" recently on RACC.

Yes the sideways V . Lucky I'm not a forger. Though I'm considering adding 406 to all my Ted Williams autographs!

I agree Ian.  Shameful.

There were times in the last few decades that I saw Kenny more than I saw some family members, he was always a gentleman who never had anything bad to say about anyone. But once he knew you he'd have no problem telling you what he thought of certain people. hahahahha.

He was a great guy and he was always a lot of fun. His health in recent years hadn't been great and it was struggle for him to attend shows but he loved his fans and the attention R2 brought him. He was an entertainer through and through and that was what he lived for.

May he rest in peace. 

Yes a class act. People forget these guys age. I know Mayhew is criticized a lot also but I really think sometimes he probably doesn't feel well and just does the signings for the cash. Talked to him for a little bit sitting outside in his wheelchair having a cigarette at Monster Mania a year or so ago (Going on this weekend ). He was decent enough and telling me he has a multitude of health problems.

The difference between the two.....Kenny was always warm and welcoming to everyone that approached him, talking with fans and looking you in the eye.

Peter has always been a bit of a grouch, not even looking up from the table maybe grunting here or there, and this was the same thing even 20 years ago. 

Yeah he is pretty "gruff". Ive been to so many sit down signings over the years though I don't see him as that much different than most. At least half of the people Ive ever been in line for are usually talking to a handler and not acknowledging your existence. There were some wonderful exceptions though. Bill Mumy giving my son his card and signing it for him (free,uncalled for) Brooks Robinson shaking everybodys hand and saying thank you for coming. These were years ago but Ive never forgotten. Have gotten Kenny 3 times at shows and he was always a polite quiet gentleman. May god bless him!

Don Mattingly did the same thing for my son as well.  A class act.

May the Force be with him.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service