We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Heritage has had a hit or miss track record recently (as they "missed" on a Beatles "Help" LP signed by 3). 

Any thoughts on this one?  (Supposedly from the '75 WFIL Philly signing)

Views: 2764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He already bought it.

This.

Miamijag,

You only have 35 days after the auction to ask for a refund due to authenticity, and they are hard to get. I don't know when the auction was, but if there's still time, find out quickly is there is cause for concern.

On the Imagine, Steve? Concern is all that there's cause for, if you go just by the ink and not the seller or COA. The ink speaks for itself. And sometimes not quietly. At times it screams, and that Imagine ink, in my estimation, is one of those times. There's now enough authentic autos presented in this thread to make painfully obvious what that Imagine isn't.

You make several good points Woody . I own the piece ,and perhaps the picture doesn't give it justice. The lines look smooth, not forced. It looks like the opinions are all over the place...I'll try to get someone to take a much closer look at it...thanks for your concerns.

Thank you Steve. As I stated earlier, the lead picture/signature that Bruce posted is my signed copy of the album. Looks like it will be difficult getting an authoritative confirmation from the lead authenticators. Any advice on Gary Hein? Saw an earlier thread and it looks like he got many thumbs up. i'm just looking to take the little doubt I may have about the piece to rest.

I don't know who authenticated it, that's typically of remote concern to the veracity of the ink itself, but I think that it would be great if he chimed in right here in this thread. Even better if he explained how and why he authenticated it. It's always very interesting to hear the perspective of the different authenticators on the rare occasions when they'll share.

I agree Woody. I have a call in to the auction house, and when they get back to me in a few days, I'll fill the group in. Meanwhile , I'll take the much appreciated advice and reach out to one of the aforementioned authenticators.  

I don't know Gary Hein beyond the great Lennon piece a member bought from him a while back. Tracks, Caiazzo and Epperson are the Beatles authenticators that have widespread respect, so I'd get one of their opinions.

Cheers !!!

I have no doubt that Frank will nail it instantly. No disrespect to anyone else, but Frank is the right go-to guy for this piece, much like you'd go right to Satan to ask questions about heat. :)

Frank is very hard to get an opinion from since he was sued by American Royal Arts.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service