We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100878

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leicester Square, will confirm later with father with date I was young boy at the time, this was given with the item

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Hello and thank you for sharing the COA that was given with your MJ  'Bambi' drawing.

(I've rotated it and added the image so that it is easier to read). 

I'm a bit confused about this COA.  Is the signature on the COA meant to be Michael's?  I'm not sure why he would sign a certificate to say that someone else ('our experts') had deemed the 'Bambi' drawing / signature' to be genuine.  I'm not sure that MJ would need to certify his own signature or drawing, or the expert's opinion of his signature / drawing?   Maybe I'm not understanding the nature of the COA?

Hello, 

No it’s a pre print signature of michaels signature, these coa’s Where given out with the items that people won 

fairly basic I know 

I agree he rarely went to auctions but this was a convention, I remember waiting outside after while uri gellier waited in a limo then Michael left with security and got in. I have the photo my dad took with the date and time on. I just don’t like how I see something an item I have hanging in on my wall on the web being pretrade as not real.

Ryan,

If you can prove 1000 percent this is authentic, I will buy it right now!

I can tell you a genuine drawing of this size you are offering with a large signature could easily be 25k+!

But it is so rare to find one and yet in very high demand!

No one would pay 25 k for a drawing??

Where was this auction/convention? Posh Pawn and AFTAL are meaningless. What was the venue? Who issued the first certificate?

ummmm.  what kind of esteemed convention would Michael Jackson have attended in Leicester Square?

ummm, is it impossible to believe Michael would not attend a show? It wasnt a a typical autograph convention, it was a show of some sort, I’m going back 20 years it was a show where only a selected amount of tickets were released on the official Michael fan page, drawings and other michaels belongings were up for auction to raise money for charity 

Ryan.

One minute it is a charity auction, next it is a Thriller convention and now it is an autograph convention?  Please understand...how do we take your story to be true?  

No, as I’ve stated this was more then 20 years ago, I’ve never been asked or had to prove my story to anyone. As I got my self that’s peice of mind for me.

it was an charity auction at a show in London, tickets were limited on the official fan sight, my dad was lucky enough to get 2 as when they first were realeased, my dads a photographer I will get him to dig out correct date and time when next speak and upload the picture

if no one can say for sure that it isn’t real, I will trust my memory of my watching my dad bid on the drawings and also haveing them appraised by a uacc/aftal authenticator. I have no doubt the real.

Any real mj fan would know this is the real deal just from the clear signature slanting to the left for starters.

does anyone own a real one like me to compare?

It wasn’t a typical autograph show it was an event ran by Sony 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service