We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100787

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol you're a troll right?
Average? Go look at his art then show me that the average person can do it

Go troll somewhere else

Hello Carlos, sorry I think differently, just because I don't agree with you that does not give permission to call me a troll.

Hope you understand mine is just a point of view, that's all and if I get kicked out because I feel Michael's visual arts were just average then so be it.

Have a great rest of your sunday.

This one (with the legit Letter of Authenticity from Lee Tompkins) was sold with the two others under it, all coming from Tompkins I believe as was stated in the auction).

This one: (a vagabond)

And this one all were sold by Lee Tompkins a personal art mentor of MJ's.

Note all the signatures are done exactly the same as well.  Lee Tompkins was a renowned artist that Michael had the opportunity to work with.

There is another Frankenstein quite similar that was drawn while Michael was on the set of the Wiz, that was not autographed.  Not as completed as the others either, done earlier as well in 76-77.  He and his make-up artist were just doodling together while doing make-up.  The piece was featured in a make-up magazine shortly after the make-up artist passed away.   

As for who is Brett Livingstone Strong, him and Michael created an art alliance many many years ago - he was the one who drew most of the MJ Litho's we see... the most famous one being called "The book" that Michael signed on one side, Brett on the other (all done before he died).  Brett was one of his art teachers.

Go back to the beginning of the thread where I quoted Bret saying all of this stuff coming out is absolutely not his work and awful.  (I took a screen shot of his facebook).  -w

Nice and amazing, Washer you rock, you know your stuff, you should contact the Jackson family to help them get rid off the bad seeds and forgers.

One  more question, did he sell those? did Lee Tompkins profited with those drawings?

I couldn't speculate anything about Lee's profits or otherwise.

As for the different writing styles from the house and the 7, I've been working with Erick and his mess for awhile now, he switches the autograph up to different signing era style often--but has certain quirks/errors that always show up (over and over and over) in every one he does, that never existed in MJ's own autograph.   I don't point that flaw out either, because he loves reading about himself here on this forum, and should I help him along with those flaws they would become harder to detect.

-w

Bernie is actually Erick McKay Burgos, one of our MJ artwork forgers.   I should have caught it when he made this opinion.  I have addressed him here:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/group/michael-jackson-autographs-...

Brett is Brett Livingstone-Strong, who is an artist and was Michael's art teacher and mentor,  with whom he formed the 'Jackson Strong Alliance' (JSA) with regard to plans for creating and publishing / selling Michael's art.  The hangar is at Santa Monica airport and is used for storage of the JSA art.  The hangar and some of its contents were publicised in 2011, and can be seen in this article:

http://www.laweekly.com/arts/michael-jacksons-art-and-studio-reveal...

Thanks Lizzie, you are great with Michael Jackson's subjects, I will read that article, I am not a fan of Michael's visual arts but I am the #1 fan when it comes to his music, he is like I said before the undisputed KING OF POP, A MUSICAL GENIOUS THAT GOT SCREWED BY MALICIOUS PEOPLE THAT MADE HIM BELIEVE THEY WERE HIS FRIENDS.

Speaking of being screwed by malicious people hows the forging bizz doing these days fraud? 

Nice set of drawings, all of them were done by Michael? I doubt it he was a great performer but not a great artist when it came to painting, sketching and so on.

The last one, I will need solid proofs was done by him.

The rest are average drawings, nothing fancy, but again is just my opinion and I hope nobody gets offended.

Lol MJ was a pretty good artist from what I've seen

Hello Bernie'

I just took a look at the 7 art pieces that Wascher posted and they look above amateur to me. Thats my opinion. I think the problem here is that we are looking at alot of  low quality art with his signature attached that might not be from his hand. With that said, how can we make an accurate judgement. I think the 3rd art piece from Wascher "SCREAM" is way above amature. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service