We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Opinions Wanted - Harrison Ford signed photos - JSA certified

Hi, Gang,

With the recent talk about the reliability of JSA certification, I would like your opinions on these two Harrison Ford signed photos I have in my collection. They are both certified by JSA. Sorry if the signatures are hard to see.

Thanks,

Pete

Views: 2973

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have about 6 fords in my collection that are all real inperson signed----- mine look a tad different than yours-----------------

Pete, these are rather hard to see. Can you post better photos please?

Thanks

Hi, Steve,

Here are the best scans I can do on the machine I have at home. The Solo photo was partially signed over a dark area, and the Indianna photo was signed in silver Sharpie.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks...these are good enough to get input from.

Steve

I'm not an expert, but I think I can say that the Star Wars one is legitimate.  One of my mates is a dealer & has got this one in person, it isn't mine, but it looks quit similar to yours although this one is much sloppier.  Harrison Ford ( Indiana Jones ) signed 10x8 colour photo

Mike,

The one you posted is a no question Harrison Ford in my mind. Not a great signature, but has the signs of a genuine one. Quite different than the Pete's Star Wars. Thanks for posting it.

Steve-

Any time, glad to help.  

Here's Pete Chuka's Harrison Ford signature study on RebelScum.com. Many consider Pete and Steve Grad the top Harrison Ford experts. Pete (Bendu on RebelScum) thought both of ones above were not good unfortunately:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055481/

Hi Pete,

I dont think that JSA is the problem here. They make their share of mistakes just like the others major authenticators and the manning helmet could be one, but definetly dont hold that against the company in general.  In my opinion, since this sellers items have been called into question before (the manning helmet), i would be more inclined to think he messed with the JSA sticker than they got it wrong. The Ford items i cant comment on but need to see an image of the JSA sticker on each to be sure, or else the letter of authenticity from them. If JSA approved both of them, then they are probably real. they do occassionally mess up but the odds the made two bad calls on two harrison's are very slim. I have started to notice issue with alot of items where people have swapped legit JSA and PSA tags. Their was even one example i saw recently on another site where someone swapped a PSA sticker stuck it on a bogus item and claimed it was an example of how horrible PSA is. They werent trying to sale it, they were just trying to discredit the company. Yet when he was questioned further it was found that the sticker had been tampered with and swapped. So their is always a chance these guys on ebay are swapping certs, but you never know. I would have to see all the scans of the stickers to be sure. But if the stickers are legit and they have good matching certs than i would take comfort that they are real. Like i said, they do make odd mistakes here and their, but 2 random Harrison fords that are clear sigs, i find that a big stretch. but you never know but if the stickers are good, i wouldnt worry.

Hi, Chris,

I'll post scans of the two JSA stickers and the full LOA for the Indianna photo. The stickers have no damage to them indicating they were swapped, and they match the corresponding item descriptions on the JSA site.

Thanks,

Pete

is a real one from my collection via coolwater.  based on this signature I'd be inclined to agree with Mike.  Brandon however is the "resident" knowledge base on Ford's over time so it will be interesting to see what he thinks.

I wonder where the JSA exemplars being used came from.

I really don't agree with either one.  I will base that on showing the following  Harrison signautes that I have.

The Star Wars photo is the closest in my opinion. However, I just don't agree that the looping is correct for Harrison's signature.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service