We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone - I know that this was a previous topic last week in regards to a Paul McCartney signed Hofner guitar with a JSA cert that was identical to a particular High In the Clouds book signature.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/macca-signed-hofner-...

Just wanted to let everyone know that there seems to be a serious scam going on as I have been given a picture to another 'signed' Hofner, equipped with a different High In the Clouds signature. 

My questions for the AML group is:

1. Has anyone noticed any other artists with this copied signature issue on pick guards or any other item?

2. Do you believe this to be live ink? Doesn't look like an autopen to me.

To me, this is a huge issue because (1) the replicas are being certed (2) no one knows where these are coming from and (3) without matches, most would have accepted it as real.

Lets get to the bottom of this. A scam like this can ruin our hobby

Views: 7021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

as i said im notsure if they flip it will work . wounder if there taking a right handed  hofner and flipping the pickguard and making it left handed that way.

i would need one in person to try it to see if it works becuse the pick guard is raised it might make sense that way

John,

I just saw another example that didn't look 3-ply, it looked like one sheet. So I think you are likely right that they're cutting it from scratch. But they could be doing both.

the biggest clue to look for until some we trust sees  one in person is a no shinny toutrouse shell pickguard or non original hofner  pickguard and look for abnormals in the cutting buy the pick ups where it makes the turns to fit around the pick up u will see the diffrence of the true hoffner from the factory i can see the difrence.

the great mystery

ill be seeing the beckett people in person this week ill ask him if he knows anything about it if u guys want

Please do.

It looks like high-quality book paper, which doesn't have weave but it often has faint texture from the process.

Here's a clear look at the edge of one of these that shows layers. Big image, too. You can zoom in and fill your screen with this pic.

That looks a bit sloppy re the cuts and all. I know some Fender...is that a flat head       screw under the sig, and should it be? 

Some appear to have a round head oversunk screw in a messy hole (reversed countersunk gone awry?) and some appear to have a flat head screw flush - speaking of the screw under the sig. 

So half of the plate mounting screws are flat head, above anyway, and everything else is round headed? BTW, look at the guard screw last on left.

in my opinion thats a machine cut from a big sheet off plastic not an offical hofner pickguard

I would agree. The quality is just not there.

It almost looks like paper sticking out at the tip a little bit from the pick guard.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service