We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, this item was bought in 1999/2000 at Starabilia's in Downtown Disney in Orlando.  

I've compared each signature to hundreds of others, especially Roger and David and there seems to be consistency, however the first 'R' in Rogers doesn't look like any other one I've found.  I do not know when and if everyone signed at the same time and how long.  I know personally my signature has evolved over the years. 

My main area of concern is, other than no COA, which may or may not have been provided at time of purchase I read about a bunch of forgeries that were sold at this specific Starabilia's.  However I couldn't find anything about it when I searched most recently.

My dad paid about $800 for this.  I'm getting this professionally authenticated but apparently a group autograph is rare considering Wright's untimely death and someone told me David Gilmour isn't a big autograph signer.  Anyone heard this too?

Nick Mason's signature is in a difficult place, but I'll get more photos if need be.  This is a preliminary excursion.  

Views: 784

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if you didnt want answers not sure why you posted here but we did save a guy 1500$ on a fake led zeppelin yesterday.

this is a community of people try to help people not get ripped off.we have no bone in it

Sorry, but these are 100% not authentic
Here is a full set I own.clearly see the difference between real and fake.Hope this helps.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

That set is superb Paul!!! Thanks for showing it.

Thanks Eric.

Yeah I'll give that guy a ring for sure if it is cheaper and faster.  Like I said initially I did have reservations already after looking at lots of 'genuine' autographs on google image search, but here is where I noticed similarities, fabricated or not:

Waters: Although the R is definitely strange looking, there is a big looping G and the W looks similar to the others although the rest of the last name is kind of squished together. 

Gilmour: The style of G used, where he has a little triangle embellishment looked very very similar to 10-15 other DG signatures.  

They look fake.

But here's something else to consider. Sometimes, one signature will look a lot different than usual, for a variety reasons. But...with a group item signed, it makes it SOOOO much easier to authenticate (from those of us that are not "experts" but know are stuff), because...if Roger Waters made a weird "R" one time...we'd still see his style of writing, as well as his bandmates.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service