We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, Just wanted to add a FYI on PSA/DNA quick opinion for Ebay!  I bought a signed Robert Redford, Paul Newman picture.  I spent the 7.95 whatever it was for the quick opinion for the Ebay listing.  Of course it came back within 30 mins not likely.  Here's the rub, I sent the picture to Ms. Joanne Woodward in CT, Mr. Newman's widow. Not only did she tell me it was her late husband's signature, she confirmed Redford's as well and sent me a nice note and a signed picture of herself!  Nice. 

Views: 2637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can handle Quick Opinion saying they cannot give an opinion as the photo may not always be clear or the signature is not easy to see on a scan as it is in person.

However, when eBay remove an item as Quick Opinion say the item is likely not genuine, that is unfair. I closed my eBay selling account when about 12 items were deemed not authentic and were removed despite me having got the signatures in person. It seems that these days eBay would rather trust a quick opinion than a seller who has sold for over 15 years with no issues!!

I have only had 2 items ever deemed as likely genuine by Quick Opinion and think it's a bit of a waste of money personally

As long as PSA isn't being harder on Quick Opinions than regular submissions, I think eBay's doing the right thing, Dan. There are lots of sellers with obvious forgeries they swear they personally got the autographs signed in person. They can't hook every seller who claims that up to a lie detector to figure out who's telling the truth...and the odds of a seller lying are far greater than the odds of PSA being wrong.

Ironically though Steve the same items they rejected on quick opinion came back as authentic when sent to both JSA and PSA / DNA for full authentication. When I told PSA that they failed the items on quick opinion they said that very few items are deemed likely authentic under quick opinion.

I agree a lot of sellers say the item was in person or from their relatives collection but quick opinion is very hit an miss and eBay should look at the sellers history and at least offer a chance to prove if the item was received in person or not.

That's an email I'd love to see.

With PSA certifying laser printed items and stamped items and all the secretarials as authentic I dont think ebay should work off of the QO as to an items authenticity?

I fear we drifted away from the original topic; so I'd like to reiterate that if the original poster shares a picture of the item, I'd be happy to give my collector's opinion on it. I can't really opine on the Robert Redford signature since I've never been a fan, but I should be able to tell whether the Paul Newman is authentic or not.

Thanks for the feedback you all have been very insightful and helpful and as soon as I get to a scanner you have my word I will scan it all!!  Her word is good enough for me but I love to hear what all of you think that be gracious and kind enough to give me your feedback!!! Thank you all!! It's good to know there are kind people in the world!  I did not think anyone would respond to my post!!! I will upload it all as soon as I can scan it!!! Have a great evening!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service