I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 22654

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PSA has already failed Duncan's items multiple times, they are aware of this style.

I would be interested in seeing any of the certs PSA issued saying which items have failed. (They do issue certs with pictures of the items stating the reasons why the items have failed). Does anyone have these to put up on this site?  

That's not always true Bjarte as I sent PSA a non-rushed Springsteen for a quick opinion that failed.  A few weeks later, I sent them the money for the full certificate and it passed right away.

But that is the issue with the whole QO/TPA system. It is almost ran like two separate entities and if one fails it another might pass it. Also with PSA you don't even know who is looking at it. Here at least we know who is more reliable with certain signatures and no one is having to pay for their opinion.
There seems to be a lot of,one will pass an item on quick op and the item will be sent into the other company for authentication and they fail it.
I haven't been impressed by the services of qo, unless thd item is a really expensive item, i dont feel the need to use these companies anymore.
Steve asked for experts to comment on Duncans item, but we see the experts in the field are going back and forth, so it remains up to the experienced collectors to unite and sort the authenticity of an item out as best as possible.
The aml site seems to be the middle ground between Tpa's.

Latest news on this is that I had Roger Epperson to look at it...: "Without question authentic"! I respect Rogers opinion on The Eagles higher than anybody elses opinion, so thats good enough for me...

Would be enough for me as well. Value his opinion more than PSA all day.

what is the novel "forgery" Mr. Duncan is writing?

I had considered asking that same question, but Mr. Duncan doesn't answer questions.

He owes us nothing.

Maybe it is a rollicking adventure about a once well respected grapher that hoards all his real autographs but forges mountains of stuff to pass on to trusting collectors.  

Unfortunately without Mr Duncan actually here responding to questions on where he obtained all of these Eagles signatures. And no Im not asking for dates and times. The question was "Did you get them All in person'? Sadly I have my doubts also and feel stupid myself for trusting blindly. Oh well.

You should not feel stupid because you did not trust blindly. You took the very human approach that a person is innocent until proven guilty. And as of now, not a single thing presented here leads to Stephen Duncan being a forger / fraud. I have quite a lot to say on this subject but can't right now. Back tonight to outline the many ways that this discussion fails as any type of serious/ respectable analysis and the far fewer number of ways that it may be valid.

We've had talented collectors give opinions, but experts on the music haven't contributed to the discussion yet. If you own some of the autographs being discussed, talk with them and ask them to read the discussion and then tell what they think. That will help you make the right decisions.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2009-2017   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Community Manager.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service