We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rock and Roll Collection Concerns [Title revised by moderator]

I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 28578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I had to render an opinion I would agree with Steiger here. Frey and Henley look just all wrong. Schmit is a mess, too, but could be a very rushed variation.

N.Steiner, since you're a dealer/IP collector, a year or so I told you that you had to use your real name instead of your girlfriend's. Maybe she's your wife now. If you're going to call Steve out, at least use your real name.

While I guess my knowledge isn't comprehensive enough to be very helpful here, I'd like to see what the supposed "problem areas" are.  U2 looks right for the era, and I'm not seeing anything that strikes me as shady or wrong with what I'm seeing. Definitely not seeing forgery smoking guns, but I don't know exactly what's prompting that accusation.

I looked some more than a "peek" as earlier, and I must back off my previous comments. There are some unusual signatures which appear to have more in common with themselves than other examples, from what I have seen anyway, and I don't like that. I'd look at more examples.

Eric

Alot of his Springsteen stuff looks off, too.  Only a few things that I would say are legitimate and would pass any reputable TPA.  The rest look like garbage.

Stephen - 

As I mentioned, I believe that most of your Mason pieces are good, genuine examples. You also have a few Waters that look good to me as well. However, I see many other Waters items which has I have highlighted in the study that are do not look good, IMO. The Animals album is probably the most obvious piece out of the bunch, which all four signatures are all inconsistent with known authentic  examples. And you claim to get each of the signatures on that album in person. 

I have no idea how much RW´s handwritting changed through the time, but it´s true that I always thought that couple of his Floyd items look a bit "strange" - especially Animals signed by whole band and both Walls below that (best wishes and Run Like Hell! Walls look really suspicious).... but as I said - RW´s handwritting changed a lot during The Wall 2011 - 13 tour, I have no idea how he signed the stuff in decades before!

More he has offered

Upper left: Felder, Henley, Walsh all his work

Middle Up: Schmidt, Felder for sure his work.

Upper right: Frey and Walsh his work.

Solo, Real

Hotels look ok.

All I can speak for is Queen. I don't think the guy is a forger or a shady dealer. I think he's perhaps too trusting in what he receives in the mail from celebs. Attached are a few Queen pieces he has that are not genuine (and/or) questionable. The Freddie Mercury pieces have been discussed by some of the greatest Queen autograph collectors available, and we all agree that they are not ideal and cannot be called 100% genuine. At best, all we can say is "unsure". The news of the world album sports a fake Brian signature (and no, it's not possible that it's just rushed imo). He's also got a signed promo photo in blue pen that is a fan club secreterial signed by a member of the Queen crew. Unfortunately, these are not genuine and he says he received the majority of them from Brian who "secured" them for him. I'm guessing he wrote in to Brian's PA or to the fan club and they were nice enough to reply back with fan club fakes like they did with most other fans. He does have some genuone brian and roger pieces as well, amd rightfully so, as they sign daily and are usually happy to do so. In conclusion, he has a mixed bag of genuine and fake items, but none of the fake pieces he claimed to have obtained himself. That to me, says honest seller/collector who didn't know better. No malicious intent.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

That is certainly a possibility. Clearly, some of this is just simple error - the second "Bowie" appears to be dated "95", yet is said to be signed in 1990 during the Sound and Vision tour. The image is an Outside promotional photograph from the 1995 album/tour. I'm not sure Bowie was with Virgin in 1990 - I thought he joined them in 1995. Looking again, one can't be certain which image the "March 16, 1990" caption is attached to; perhaps it refers to the first signed item which is from the 1987 tour.

Eric

There is a photo of someone making an attempt to get Bowie's signature on May 16, 1990, but it doesn't look particularly hopeful, and I don't see how Bowie could have signed a 1995 Virgin photo in 1990, so it appears the wrong photo has been captioned or something.

Eric

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service