We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Is anyone going (or has gone) to Roger Waters Us and Them Tour and gotten autographs? If so, any tips?

I may go to one of the Chicago shows at the United Center, or the St Paul show. Any idea where to look for him or what times? Is it better to check the venue or hotel?

Thanks for any help!

Tags: Dark, David, Floyd, Gilmour, Moon, Pink, Roger, Side, Them, Tour, More…Us, Waters, and, of, the

Views: 15832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Baseball thing isnt big thing. Baseball thing is IMO simply question of what is appropriate or not. It´s nothing which would affect others, RW would not stop to sign due to someone asking him to sign baseball. I just dont get sense of it and why anyone is surprised and annoyed that RW denied to sign baseball - I simply understand that Roger didnt sign baseball because he is singer, songwriter and musician and has nothing to do with baseball game at all. It´s like asking Tiger Woods to sign basketball - absolutely no relevance at all.

The dealers are an issue, apart from the forgers. I've heard of dealers chasing Jack white in a car because he wouldn't sign and when he pulled his car over Jack apparently had tears in his eyes one of the guys got out and smashed the guitar that Jack wouldn't sign.

Not that I don't believe you, this sounds like a hilarious story, and would love to hear more about it if you have further details. Seems pretty outrageous if you ask me!

This kinda got off track with the baseball stuff lol... the main point was the comment, which sounded seemingly like they were happy to ruin it for other collectors. Which is the mentality that hurts the hobby in my mind. It may be their livelihood, but if they ruin big name celebs from signing they're hurting their livlihood. Not just collectors chances. They might get some extras now, but miss out on years of making money. But anyway, onto the baseball...

I think another reason a baseball would make the celeb annoyed is because it could be seen as a generic item you had already on you when you seen them... and maybe it was meant for someone else to sign. So you ask them to sign it instead... even though you might have been waiting for a baseball player you happened to see Roger Waters and said screw it I'll have him sign my baseball. Not like an album that they made money on, and has something to do with them, and fans are a little more likely to already have.

On the other hand... one thing I have seen, which is pretty cool, was someone who collected only signed baseballs. Then would paint the celeb on the baseball after they got it signed. I could see a collection like that being really cool... And they're easy to display. But the celeb isn't going to know that's what you're doing.

Time, like the DSOTM song. How much TIME does it take to sign a baseball? I would think that has a part? The ball I did see him sign on YT - wasn't that in a different setting, not from a car etc with lines?

Some of these dealers are to blame for forgeries, if they're depending on the industry fpr their livelihoods and they cant get an artist sign for whatever reason, knock up a few forgeries and a way they go.

An EXCELLENT point, Paul! So now we have leeches upon leeches ruining that which we love so dear. Ass**le inception, if you will! Argh!

I heard somewhere that dealers got Roger on the wall tour and then forged a bunch and mixed them in and PSA passed them. Might have read it on here.
I'd believe it!!
I think they were the gold signed Yankees stadium posters that get listed on eBay over and over for crazy prices. But I could be wrong
Try and find a link for the thread!

Wouldn't the fact that a baseball might have been all you had on you to sign be *good* in your instance? In that, baseball guy might not be perceived a dealer with his stack of LP's when he has an item that could be considered to have less resale value than an LP, and more of an item that would be limited in its collectibility to the public at large.

That being said, I'm glad you can see baseballs as a reasonable item for one to collect regardless of what the signer does for a living. Like what Peter C. said above, I know folks with autographed Tiger Woods baseballs, but very few, if anyone, keeps a collection of celebrity signed basketballs, so again the comparison is simply not apropos. 

But to also refute your last point though, my picture of Babe Ruth above was not to illustrate a ballplayer signing baseballs (though clearly it does), but to show that scores of people have been collecting autographed baseballs for almost a century. It makes sense to me (as an American, natch) that with the ease of display and transportation, that it would spread to having other celebrities sign them as the years pass. And Rog is no dummy, whether he signs them or not (his own prerogative regardless), he's been to the US enough times, and been around the block enough times to know that it's something that people collect. 

Guys, it doesn't matter if the logic doesn't strike you why people collect baseballs... it's not your thing, cool. It's not mine either, I have all of four signed baseballs in my collection, and they're all ballplayers (all were IP except one was a gift). But to say it's not "appropriate" to bring to have signed, or not relevant to the signer... it's doesn't matter. We've certainly established it's FAR less appropriate to abuse fellow humans for monetary gain, even if the item passes YOUR muster, and it can certainly be relevant to the FAN who has a wall full of balls (haha) with celebrities from all walks of life in their collection.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service