We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rolls Royce bonnet signed by Paul McCartney, Bono, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Katy Perry etc.

Hi Everyone,

I bought this Rolls-Royce Coupe bonnet signed at the 2008 EMA awards from MTV last year and was just wondering about the potential value of it if ever I were to sell it in the future? It is contained within a wooden frame with inbuilt lighting and photos of all of the signers signing. I didn't pay a huge amount for it so I'm not expecting thousands and thousands. 

It is signed by (deep breath):

Sir Paul McCartney (signature approx: 35cm (13 inches) long with doodled face)

Bono (with sketch and "I still want my MTV 2008" inscribed) 

Beyoncé

Kelly Rowland 

Solange Knowles

Katy Perry

P!nk ("XOXO" with skating boy sketch)

Kanye West (with broken heart sketch)

Take That (minus Robbie Williams with Take That logos drawn. Gary Barlow adds "Love")

Grace Jones 

The Killers (Brandon Flowers using a sketch of flowers as a surname)

The Sugababes

Kid Rock

Estelle (with sketch of dress she was wearing at the awards)

Craig David

Anastacia (with smiley face)

Perez Hilton ("Drive safely... And in STYLE! XOXO")

Travee McCoy (with graffiti style "Travee")

The Wombats (with sketch of the band, a heart and "Thank you very much + practice safe sex!")

The Rasmus (Lauri Ylonen)

MTV CEO W.H. Roedy (MTV = LOVE AND UNITY LIVERPOOL!!)

Tokio Hotel

Any help would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Ethan 

P.S Sorry about the sizing of the images, it's only my second post and I haven't quite worked it out yet!

Tags: Beyonce, Beyoncé, Bono, Kanye, McCartney, Perry

Views: 3790

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The listing says that the grill is attached to the bonnet, too. I didn't realize that. That's probably a different part, that's likely at least as expensive as the bonnet. BTW, it's a Rolls Royce Phantom bonnet, not a coupe.

Amazing find.

I can confirm unfortunately that that part of the listing was a bit of a lie. Unfortunately no grill!

you should go to business school. To recognize this piece as unique and to buy it at your age, risking money that is important to yo, is remarkable

It has been suggested before actually! I'm not sure what I did was remarkable though, just a good bit of opportunism! I really love it though.

Perhaps some luck thrown in, (who new the bonnet alone was worth $$), but you invested in something you know (always important and in your case the beatles- you have much to learn but no doubt have a good base knowledge), the authenticity that sold you on the deal is so impeccable and important, and you must have thought what a deal at $250. The result is you reaped overnight venture capital type ROI in the thousands of percent investment increase. And you came to this website and have shown good humility. Not a bAD WAY TO START  YOUR ADULTHOOD.

A healthy dose of luck. If it didn't have the pictures of them signing it I would have been a lot more sceptical at £250! By what other members have said it appears as though if I were to sell it I would probably get a good enough return to pay for my education, which in itself is amazing to me as my family has never really had money. As you said, not a bad way to start my adulthood!

I thought education as free in England!

Well up until university it is free... In 1997 the government decided to start charging students at university level. Now it's £9,000 per year and rising!!!

May not have been a lie but they may have screwed up and not shipped it. I would complain to ebay or MTV etc. about not getting it. It is probably sitting in storage somewhere cause they forgot your lot had 2 parts that needed to be shipped.

I am against the grain on this one.

Why would they go through all that trouble to get it signed, document it, transport it, ship it only to list is as a buy it now for a measly £250?  Someone screwed up big?

With regards to storage and safe keeping, sharpie signatures on metal are extremely sensitive to humidity and sunlight. You absolutely want to store this in a climate controlled environment, with low humidity, and away from any direct sunlight or UV light. Otherwise they can fade very quickly.

god storage advice- and someone did screw up but this is TV and this bonnet is a trinket to mtv 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service