We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

ROSEMARY'S BABY was a 1968 horror movie directed by Roman Polanski and based on the novel by Ira Levin.  The movie is notable for having so many old character actors and actresses.   Mia Farrow was cast in the lead as Rosemary Woodhouse, a newlywed.  The notable John Cassavetes, the cynical and ambitious young actor, plays her husband.   The couple decides to move to a more upscale apartment building (The Dakota in real life) and encounter pleasant but odd elderly neighbors. 

The neighbors, the Castevets, are portrayed by veteran stage and film stars Ruth Gordon and Sidney Blackmer.  The young couple has another older friend in "Hutch," played by Maurice Evans.   Tony Curtis gives an uncredited voice performance.  Ryan O'Neal's mother, Patricia  O'Neal, is one of the guests at the New Years' Party thrown by the Castevets.  George Savalas, the brother of Telly Savalas, is a curious workman drilling a hole, watching the young couple as they enter the building.

Among the others who appear in the movie are no less than six alumni of The Andy Griffith Show.  They were Hope Summers, Walter Baldwin, Jean Inness, Lillian Sessions, Roy Barcroft, and Pearl S. Cooper. 

Double asterisks after the name means there is an exemplar shown within this discussion.

CREDITED CAST:

Mia Farrow  (Rosemary Woodhouse) **

John Cassevettes (Guy Woodhouse) **

Ruth Gordon (Minnie Castevets) **

Sidney Blackmer (Roman Castevets)

Maurice Evans (Hutch) **

Angelia Dorian (Victoria Vetri)

Patsy Kelly (Laura Louise)

Elisha Cook, Jr. (Mr. Nicklas)

Emmaline Henry (Ellse Dunstan)

Marianne Gordon (Rosemary's friend)

Charles Grodin (Dr. Hill)

Hanna Landy (Grace Cardiff the friend of Hutch)

Philip Leeds (Dr. Shand)

D'Urille Martin (Diego, the elevator operator)

Hope Summers (Mrs. Gilmore)

Ralph Bellamy (Dr. Abraham "Abe" Saperstein)

Wendy Wagner (Rosemary's friend.  Closing credits only)

Tags: Baby, Bellamy, Blackmer, Cassavetes, Evans, Farrow, Gordon, John, Maurice, Mia, More…Ralph, Rosemary's, Ruth, Sidney, Vetri, Victoria

Views: 1287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recently bought a signed copy of her memoir (I haven't gotten a chance to start reading it yet) I believe Sinatra filed for divorce because the filming of the movie took so long she couldn't film for a role in Sinatras movie (Gladiator?).

I really only started following her because of her slight connection with The Beatles and India. I do like Rosemary's Baby too.
It was The Detective, sorry for my confusion. Will for sure read her book, I still have to read her sisters book too.

Hello,

I have both Blackmer and Gordon from my my collection if scans would be of use.

Eric

Also many stage roles including some first run T. Williams p[ays - 1959(?) The Sweet Bird of Youth with Paul Newman I think. I will post his and Minnie's (Gordon's/Maude's) sigs later on tonight.

In Blackmer's hometown there is a small museum dedicated to him and they bought from a 1922 ANS in black ink - they had no example.

Eric

Also some of the the Wolfman flicks!

Eric

Love the autographs posted here.

Love that movie, but always hated the ending.

MIA FARROW (1945-       ) was known as a soap opera star when she was cast for the starring role of Rosemary Woodhouse.  

classy!

Thank you, Michelle.  I always liked Mia Farrow.  She was in one of the Peter Ustinov (Hercule Poirot) movies, Death on the Nile.

"Rosemary's Baby."  A favorite of mine, but I have always hated the ending.

I agree the ending fell short.  The book was a bit more ambiguous about her mental state.   William Castle wanted to see devil baby a bit like the movie Night of the Demon with Dana Andrews.  It was a perfect movie but the very end kind of spoiled it.  I loved Hope Summers in Rosemary's Baby she was good.

You're spot about Hope Summers, Scott.

Scott, ever watch a movie titled Crowhaven Farm with Hope Lange and Paul Burke.  I remember it being a TV Movie Of The Week on ABC.  I love that movie.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service