We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This is what happens to prospective Kennedy buyers when they don't do enough homework. This signed and inscribed photo sold today on eBay for $4750 which was the best-offer-accepted price. It came with a White House letter stating that "the President was happy to sign this photo for you" (paraphrasing). The letter was signed by a Brigadier General...which means NOTHING! Letters like this were issued all the time so that the recipient would think he or she got an authentic JFK autograph, but then, more often than not, a secretary would sign for the President. If JFK had signed all the autograph requests, he would not have had any time to get any work done. Yet people will point to the letter as "proof". No matter...the truth hurts. Hopefully, this person will discover the truth and get their money back!

Even Lieutenant Colonels sometimes didn't get the real thing!

There is a pic below.

Views: 257

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have seen several secretarials and preprints from other signers with such a letter of "proof". People have got to do their homework - no one will guard your interests better. Collectors do not have stock holders etc. Certainly, some opinions are of value but...I gotta see it for myself.

I've seen secretarials and Autopens sent to Governors, personal friends, celebrities and dignitaries of every type. The social standing of the recipient proves NOTHING!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service