We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

All right, you sucked me into spending a few hours banging out a few images to show some history of the autograph that I have been most connected to, at least for authentication purposes.

Image one shows his early full signature with nearly every letter, Image 2 shows how the letters started falling away, but the A is still there and mostly fully formed with the same turn that we see in his H. Image 3 is his more modern signatures and most like what you might get today, while image 4 consists entirely of Official Pix signed items.

Views: 9245

Replies to This Discussion

I confronted the seller who has now taken it down but still insisted it was genuine. I also reported it to Ebay in the hope others wouldnt buy it and get scammed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201982000403?euid=e91fcff4fdcb435284f51b0...

Sellers address on Business seller information

PHILIP WINTER
The Hollies

Church Drive
Norton Disney
Lincolnshire
LN6 9JX
United Kingdom

Phone:7941156502
Email:centrallscapes@aol.com

Hope this helps others not get scammed

Is this the same seller who offered the other vintage "best wishes" examples in this thread?

It is very possible that those two are the same piece, when I could get nice clear images on pieces, I just added them to the file.

I just grabbed a random handful to post.  

Here's the one from the eBay listing Terry pointed to. I cropped it closer:

The handwriting is spot on, details down to the paper color, aging, crop and tape residue. If that is fake, its probably the best fake autograph I have ever seen.

That is what I was getting at...

1. Is the the same dealer that offered the others?
  2. This one is personalized, which does not fit the pattern of the others. Are we sure it's bad?

The one on the index card looks naturally signed to me. The one on blue is very likely a machine-produced near reproduction. Just different enough not to be exactly the same.

I don't see any evidence of the blue one being machine signed Steve, can you elaborate?

Maybe I'm wrong on it, but I'm seeing ink pooling that I would not expect to see.

I think what you are seeing is typical of a vintage ballpoint signature, which makes it even more impressive as a forgery.

Surely the fact the seller has now taken it down from ebay is a guilty sign though?

Just because a seller pulls an item does not imply guilt. A good seller will pull an item to be further evaluated and could relist it in the future. I still am in the opinion that this signature is authentic. Again, if Pete says it is not, I believe, in my eyes, then it is a very good forgery. And, I am all the more educated.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service