We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve Grad brings in a signed Star Wars poster and tries to tell Rick it is worth $75,000!

More proof, Steve should stick to authentication and stay far far away from appraising autographs...  

Views: 3336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw the end of it and am watching the Titanic coin now. I couldn't tell who was on it but there were a lot of signatures ,and saw a BoBo Fett toy the guy wouldn't take a 100 thou for, wow I was thinking. I was wondering if Pete was watching.

Is that "Titanic coin" a 1906 Barber half? I remember examining it raw over 20 years ago at the Triple Pier Expo in NYC - it was from Ken Schultz (dec.). It was severely abrasively cleaned and was about $1000 (cheap for Ken). It sold a while back for about $20K with an open of $500. I don't know how you could prove it was the same 50C coin listed in Halifax with Gill's belongings in 1912, other than word of mouth, even if they wrote "1906-O". Of course, they also missed things like entire violins or so we are told...

Eric

Eric

Eric

Sorry bouncing around only half watching tv. the coin did say extensively cleaned don't know if Barber or not.The guy was asking 125 thou! Think he claimed he paid 75 thou. Reruns are usually showed on the weekend.

100,000? Yeah, I'd need an old sepia photo of it in Halifax ;)

He says he paid $75,000? When? The $20,000 from $500 staring bid was in 2014. Perhaps there were additional sales...with a heck of a lot of juice!

Eric

Hull fragment from the Cunard Express Greyhound Lusitania of 1907 Sunk May 7, 1915 off the Old Head of Kinsale. Since the Heritage Protection Order in 1994, there will be no more of this material recovered. Hull metal is quite unusual - a few have nice things like portholes and windows, but most have spoons or other bits of cargo.

Do you have a pic of the poster?  I'd like to see it, although i have a feeling I know which one it is.

A lot of what they do on that show is purely for entertainment purposes.

Steve Grad brought some of his own collection in.

I didn't see the show, but if the poster belonged to Steve I know which one it would be. The only other poster that could conceivably be put in that price range belongs to a friend of mine named Kevin. The piece has pretty much been signed by every living cast or crew member from the late 90's right thru the prequels. I can't imagine that piece going out into the crowds for the newest names to be added, and there really isn't any room left for them anyway. 

I don't think I could put a poster anywhere near that price range.. there's just no way.

This one sold for $4700.  With 171 signatures, most complete I've ever seen.  I dont know what you can add to make it worth $70,000 more.

I am not saying what's right or wrong when it comes to price, but this ingot poster has about half the signatures that Kevin's has. Kevin's poster includes some rarities including Natalie Portman, Frank Oz without inscription, Marcia Lucas and at least 100 more.  

If Steve brought the poster I think he may have, it includes Cushing twice, Guinness, Jack Purvis, John Williams with a detailed AMQS, and other rarities.

I have sold single signed Cushing Star Wars 8x10's at $5k, so right there you have your answer about a SW poster being worth no more than $5k.     

The fact that the ingot above is a reprint from 1997 likely has some value difference as well as both Kevin and Steve's posters are originals from 1976 and 1977. 

Pete,

Whoever you sold a Star Wars Cushing for $5k I would suggest you contact him and offer to pay his Proctologist bill, because you did some sever damage to the poor soul...

This sold just last year at R&R for $550

Highly desirable matte-finish 5 x 8 photo of Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars, signed and inscribed in fountain pen

Proctologist

8x10s star wars shots are much rarer and desirable.  The last cushing 8x10 i saw sold for 2k, uninscribed was 3200.  

I still don't think theres a chance a star wars poster will fetch 75000, theres no precedence for that even with guinness/cushing multis.

I'd like to see a poster with 300 signatures on it though, how the hell do they all fit?

I don't have any up to date images of kev's poster but this article with a small pic ran in the SW Insider back in 2003.  

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service