We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good morning,

I have been looking at these and other signatures over and over again for the past few days.  I'm going to ask Steve for some help with putting photos together as I am not very good at doing this like some others are.

I thought the best place to start was by looking at known authentic in person autographs and comparing them to ones that I know he signed for a friend and any contracts I could find from last 20 or so years.  Then I would compare them to the TTM sigs from before his new website started and then after and see if there was much if any changes between them.

When I compared the in person signatures the ONLY real difference's are in the "L" in Lee and the "L": in Lewis.  Usually the "L" in Lee is fairly level with the base of the signature but from time to time it does drop down below the line.  The "L" in Lewis change is he either makes a capitol "L" or what looks more like a large size lower case "L" and they always lean forward usually quite a bit.  None of them ever stood straight up.  I also never found an example that had the big squiggle under his name.  I did find some that were underlined but nothing as dramatic as some of the ones in question.

I then compared them to this contract signed by him in 1991 and compared very well to the known in person exemplars.  All of these are what I have been accustomed to have seen as authentic over the years that I have been doing this.

Steve Viola has post three known in person examples below you can compare to the contract.  I do know how to post one or two images at a time.

More to come......

Ok all, if you go to Billy Bob's and see an autograph etched in cement, please have sense enough to know that the celebrity you thought had signed the cement really did.  Some people think that they all sign the cement themselves when only the Vander skin flute really does know the truth!

Note the way he connected the "ng"?

http://cdn3.vtourist.com/4/5880592-THE_CAST_OF_RINGOS_HANDS_Fort_Worth.jpg?version=2

After looking up more examples of his signature im believing mine #28 on the chart steve made is authentic

Attachments: No photo uploads here

I agree, it has all the correct traits.

When I was first contacted about these TTM signatures I had told Mark that I had never seen Jerry sign like this before.  I looked through all my files again and I had not seen this signature style before.  When others on the site started showing other similar signatures it got quite confusing.  What I did notice was that none of the signatures that I feel are secretarial (signed by whom I do not know for sure) did not come about until after his new web site was formed years back.  So, since they didn't exist before and now they have and it does not have the common traits of a known authentic exemplar then it leads me to believe what I have said.  Here are the ones that I feel are secretarial.  They are all consistent with each other and not consistent with known authentic exemplars;

Now the first one does not look like the others here but also does not look like known JLL autographs.  He has a very distinct "Y" he uses when he writes "Yours" and I do not see it here.  The signature is also very odd.  The others are all TTM signatures sent in since his web site changed over.  I wrote earlier that my friend Nick Martone told me that Jerry did not like the nickname "Killer" and did not like to write it.  I looked in my files and could not find the ONLY one he ever got from JLL with "KIller" and since Nick was his friend he had many, many autographs of JLL.  None of the signatures that he received, even when he was at Jerry's home sitting on the couch, looked like the ones in question.  They ALL looked like the known authentic exemplars.

It seems that since JLL's people were contacted the signatures that have been received are the ones that match the known authentic exemplars so hopefully this has stopped the trend.  As people age their signatures tend to get smaller, less complete and shaky and that is not the case with these signatures above.  I have never heard of age making a signature larger, clearer and more legible due to aging.

I believe I have done all I can on this subject and I thank everyone here for sharing too.

Thank you for your time and all that you have done with this Roger!

Mark

http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/54690894?profile...
Regarding the "killer" issue, what do you say about this one? Everyone on here who has commented felt this sig was real and it has that inscription.
Thanks to all.

Here's one from eBay to consider. According to the seller, it was obtained in person after a concert in 2002. I feel that both the signature and inscription bear a striking resemblance to those from Mark's signed LP. 

Too bad we can't believe every story we hear from people selling on Ebay.  I as well as you have heard every story in the book of how signatures were obtained from sellers on Ebay.  This one is much closer to the ones that were in question and could be a variant but unless I know the person and they told me they got it themselves I would still doubt it.  EVERY signature I used in my comparison were from ones that either I got my self or from people I know who told me when they got them signed themselves.

This is very similar to what Mark received. I didn't think we would see another like his. To me, this adds to the confusion. Ballroom, can you ask them for additional details to see if they are full of it. Did they have any "proof?"

Don't get me wrong, I actually hope that I am proven wrong and that someone who saw him sign, not a send in, got one that looks like the questionable ones.  I have just not ever seen one.

Sure. I just sent the seller an email.

That's very true about eBay, Roger. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service