We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my signed book - authenticated by JSA for comparison. 

Look at the difference in the "M" in "May" and The "M" in "Mark"

My book - I want to say was signed in 2015.  So is someone saying that his hand writing has gotten better.... i.e. June 2016.  

The signature looks good in the book - but the inscription is not in the hand of Jerry Lee Lewis.  Look at the pen pressure as well - from the small photo.  This is my opinion of course. 

Mark

So you're saying the inscription on Steve's TTM signed LP isn't authentic?

The "M" in May" looks more like the M" in "Mark" from the "Best Of" LP, with the end continuing substantially below the baseline.

The "Great Balls of Fire" example in the group of four was authenticated by JSA.

Here are a couple of examples with the same GBOF inscription - the one posted above followed by one that hadn't been posted before.

Of the four examples above that are grouped together, Roger has stated that the first one isn't authentic and the second one is authentic. The first example was authenticated by JSA. Here's one more GBOF signature, which Roger didn't believe to be authentic.

Here's another example of the same GBOF inscription. This one was authenticated by JSA (cert #U58591) and sold through Hake's.

The "To Mark - Jerry Lee Lewis - Keep Rocking" above in the middle does not match up with the "To Mark in my signed book.  I will post my signed book below for comparison to the signed book represent. 

I believe the same person who wrote "To Mark" on that LP wrote "To Steve" on the one posted above. I believe the same person who signed "Jerry Lee Lewis" on that LP signed "Jerry Lee Lewis" on your TTM signed debut LP.

Heres one on ebay if you havent fpind it already.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

These are my Jerry Lee Lewis autographs. These were taken face-to-face off Jerry Lee Lewis on 5th May 1963 where Jerry was doing a show with Gene Vincent (I have Gene Vincent autographs from this show also) at Birmingham Town Hall. These were taken face-to-face off him at the rear exit of the Town Hall. It's still going strong as a gig venue today.

My Jerry Lee Lewis autographs aren't very very clear ones but are at least genuine. I've got a few more to sort through but here are some examples including one with Chubby Checker. The Chubby Checker autograph was taken face-to-face on the 19th Sep 1962 the year before. 

These are my Jerry Lee Lewis autographs. These were taken face-to-face off Jerry Lee Lewis on 5th May 1963 where Jerry was doing a show with Gene Vincent (I have Gene Vincent autographs from this show also) at Birmingham Town Hall. These were taken face-to-face off him at the rear exit of the Town Hall. It's still going strong as a gig venue today.

I've also got other autographs from the supporting acts from this Jerry Lee Lewis show including the Brook Brothers and The Kestrals, plus Gene Vincent. 

My Jerry Lee Lewis autographs aren't very very clear ones but are at least genuine. I've got a few more to sort through but here are some examples including one with Chubby Checker. The Chubby Checker autograph was taken face-to-face on the 19th Sep 1962 the year before. 

Nice collection. Thanks for posted these, Phil.

I found this one on eBay s couple days ago. It appears JSA approved a stamped Jerry Lee Lewis signature as authentic. That is too bad.
Edit - this image is being sold as stamped for $15 I believe and the JSA stickered one in my next post is listed at $250.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service