We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just wondering if anyone has see this sellers' items? There seems to be a lot of listings for signed cheques which of course are fine, but it's the signed cards and photos that have me wondering...
Thanks!

Tags: Surfinsafari505

Views: 712

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rings a bell,  a link would be great.

No problem...here's a link with an example: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/262778005838
His listings says to contact Steve crykin and ask about him ( dealer)
Im not familiar with the cards, but cheques seem ok.
I looked at this and read the description contact Steve. Funny.
I looked at this and the listings says contact Steve .
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Just a bit of a laugh.

Caleb has always had a good reputation I am quite certain he would not knowingly sell anything suspect.  Having said that even the best sellers have made mistakes especially with modern autographs being what they are.  Steve Crykin knows Caleb too I believe.  I would use the same care I would with any seller especially in buying modern autographs.

I guess we need Steve Cyrkin himself to chime in on this then...I didn't see that reference since it doesn't appear to be in all of the listings...

Caleb Gluck runs Golden State Autographs I think he is a member on here also.  Quite a few of us on here have bought from him over the years although I believe my purchases were mostly documents and checks.  I maybe bought the odd photo or index card but mine were all older actors/actresses.  The squiggly line modern ones I give up on.  I think if you type in Golden State Autographs there is a discussion of him that might help.

If the seller has anything your interested in, just post it for opinions, it doesn't hurt to double check items. The seller looks fine, plenty of sales, great feedback.

I've also purchased a number of things from Golden State Autographs and was always happy with them.

You're right, his past references on here seem to be positive....the only thing that's bothering me though is that I can no longer find the 'Golden State' company on the Internet the seller (and others on here) mention ...it would appear he is now an eBay only company under the sillier name 'SurfinSafari'...this kinda raises red flags to me...one would think a reputable seller such as this would maintain both an internet and eBay based site, under the same name, such as Brandes does? Hopefully the owner, or someone close to the situation can shed some light on this for us...
Thanks again!

I once spoke on the phone with Mr. Al Wittnebert about buying an autograph from Surfinsafari and he told me that Caleb Gluck was one of the most honest and trustworthy dealers in this business.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service