We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

DIMAGGIO #1 (PHOTO) BLUE INK

DIMAGGIO #2 (BALL) BLUE PEN

DIMAGGIO #3 (BALL) BLUE PEN

DIMAGGIO #4 (PHOTO) BLUE INK 

DIMAGGIO #5 (PHOTO) BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO...BLUE INK

DIMAGGIO #6 (PHOTO) BLUE INK

DIMAGGIO #7 (PHOTO) BLUE INK TEAM

DIMAGGIO #8 (CARD) BLUE INK WITH MANTLE

All right guys....something a little different....here are a few examples of Joe Dimaggio signatures...some are authentic...some are not...some of these are from on line sites...some of these are are from my PC...and one of these I know was signed in person from one of my buddies collections...

Which ones do you guys feel are authentic and why ?...as you can see almost all of these autos are not even close to being the same...which makes which the real Mccoy ?...please feel free to leave comment on what you guys feel are good and or bad and why do you feel so with the # of the photo...I know there has been lots of Mantle threads on here but I think its now time a Joe Dimaggio thread should be started on to what they look like and what we should stay away from...and what characteristics should be looked out for in purchasing an authentic Dimaggio...

Please post any Joe Dimaggio photos you have or any information regarding the "Yankee Clipper" that you may be able to help share on the education on one of the most unpredictable auto styles of one of Americas Icons...   

Views: 15122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, guys... I have had them for quite a while and was waiting for an opportunity to get your opinions.

I don't want to muddy the waters too much, but here is my DiMaggio 11x14. My brother gave me this for Christmas back in the mid 90s. He bought it from a guy he worked with that went to card shows and supposedly got it in-person back in the 80s. I'd be stunned if it was fake, but I've been sadly surprised before.

this one is tough.  one thing I don't like is that the two g's are almost identical. if you look at his authentic signatures, in almost every case, the two g's are different.  The D also seems a little small when compared to the J.

I am loving zippers piece...I see your point about the "GG" terrier but I think this may be what I would call a good mood auto

I don't think those are reliable indicators. A quick scan of PSA or JSA DiMaggios on ebay shows plenty of examples with the smaller D and/or similar Gs. From what I can see, the D got bigger in the 90s. The earlier examples often have a smaller D.

these are fantastic adds zipper...these are great examples of authentic pieces

Hey Zip, I see what you are saying about the size of the D in the earlier sigs.  It was also much more flamboyant in his older sigs.  I still see a difference in the formation of the two g's in most of his authentic sigs.  Maybe its not a great indicator, but it is something I look at.  Also how he forms the upper loop of the g's.

By the way, JSA issued a LOA for this DiMaggio.  :-)

NICE BRO...ADD IT IF YOU COULD

I was referring to the signed pic I posted previously... I know it's hard to follow things when the reply ends up a page or two after the initial post. :-)

This is the pic JSA certed

I am starting to get attuned to DiMaggio. He is tough, but if you watch the PSA video that is a big help. Most of the forges get significantly smaller toward the end of the signature... it's like a tall pyramid laying on its side. Plus, many of the forges have a "slurred" looking formation to the "Magg" and the "oe" is too close to the J.

I THINK I FOUND IT...COOL !!!

We need to find out when he dropped the stand-alone i. I'm guessing 1990 give or take a year, but it would be nice to have someone who actually knows chime in.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service