We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi guys.

I have a favor to ask. I am considering buying this book privately. I was wondering if I can get an opinion on this signed book U2 by U2. Is there any experts who can render an opinion on it. It seems okay to me  from looking at other examples but I realize that this is also a band that we would see forged.

Roger if you see this can you please give me your thoughts. 

Thanks for your help.

David

Views: 6215

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not an expert but it looks like all signatures were signed by the same person. You'll get some good opinions here, but for $15 Roger Epperson will give you one you can rely on if he says it's good. It's worth it.
For comparison, this is the only U2 Epperson had for sale on his site, signed by Bono, Edge and Adam.

Hi Steve. 

I appreciate the feedback. I will just pass. I am glad I asked first. The modern material - Rock & Roll, Sports and Actors & Actresses are very tough to authenticate. 

Yep.  I always found it surprisingthat Bono and Edge were much more accessible than Clayton or Mullen.  Mullen is consistently cited as the most difficult band member to get, though not entirely impossible.

I wouldn't touch this.

Pretty medicocre forgery -  not the most incompetent I've seen, but still pretty poor.  And it even looks like it's crumpled!  I'm a huge U2 fan and have seen dozens of authentic in-person examples, and this doesn't even look close.  None of the signatures strikes me as possibly authentic.

Strange - most forgers try selling books signed on the inside, using the examples from the late 2006 Barnes and Nobles signings as a template for their own forgeries. 

I'm sure Roger will concur that this looks shady at best.

Out of curiosity, what's the seller's story behind this?  I'd love to hear it . . .
I don't recall to be honest. I thought they indicated it was from the NY B&N signing but I may be mistaken. It has been too long. I just had this in my computer and was thinking of looking into the piece.

If they did say that, they may have some explaining to do.  The band only signed on the inside title page in gold paint pen.

Good call passing on this one.  There are plenty of authentic examples out there, and this isn't one of them.

Authentic example of Bono I obtained in boston during the Vertigo Tour:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/rich_viola/Bonosig.jpg[/IMG]

Bought this one off Autograph World a couple years ago (from the NY B&N signing):

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/rich_viola/u2Book.jpg[/IMG]

Major cool, the AW one. Thanks.

I always especially appreciated the signed CD cover, mostly because it required my sister shoving the thing in his face and demanding him to sign for me.

These are from www.hollywoodmemorabilia.com, which looks very much like www.sportsmemorabilia.com. Just took the first ones that weren't PSA/DNA or JSA that had easy to see signatures. Any opinions?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service