We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi guys.

I have a favor to ask. I am considering buying this book privately. I was wondering if I can get an opinion on this signed book U2 by U2. Is there any experts who can render an opinion on it. It seems okay to me  from looking at other examples but I realize that this is also a band that we would see forged.

Roger if you see this can you please give me your thoughts. 

Thanks for your help.

David

Views: 6215

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its perfect from what Ive seen.  I'd buy it.  A forger wouldn't add a sketch.  More is more in autographs I always think.  i love inscriptions too!
Thanks for the thumbs up :)
Matt, I think you might have your answer from Max on Facebook.  He's seen tons of U2 sigs obtained by himself and fellow fans over the years - all types of items signed in various circumstances.  He and Eastlink are pretty dedicated to maintaining an accurate, comprehensive record of authentic U2 autographs.

Actually, I have seen some fake sketch attempts before, but it is less common.  You're right though - the more hand writing, the better.

Here's a neat example from Toppix:

http://www.toppixautographs.com/bono3.html

Damn forgers. Get a real job

Hi Richard.

I was travelling when you had sent this but I wanted to thank you for letting me know about the email item. I had bid on it but had not bid high enough and didn't win as a result. If you see another or know of another authentic item signed by the entire band please keep me in mind as they are my favorite band.

David

David, no problem.  I knew fans and collectors would spot that as authentic and the price would go much, much higher :) 

Just an FYI - I believe that Jason from Hollywood Autographs in the UK is at the Toronto Film Fest with every intent of trying to get autographs from the band, who is in attendance.  Jason is a great person to get in person autographs from - rock solid authenticity and fair prices.  He's supposed to be back from his trip around the 20th.  www.hollywood-autographs.com

Unfortunately no, but there is a contact page on his website: http://www.hollywood-autographs.com/contact_us.php

I don't know how responsive he will be since he's out of the country, but you can try . . .

@Richard, I would not say Jason's autographs are rock solid at all. There are a few collector friends in Europe that have placed major doubt in my head.  The guy does collect but several collectors in Europe have told me about "mistruths" they have caught him in.

Really?  I've only read positive sentiment about him up to this point.  Are you sure they aren't jealous competitors?  :)

Regardless, his U2 examples look good.  While some of the rushed ones are always hard to access objectively, the nicer ones I see listed from time to time look spot on.

Are you talking about www.hollywood-autographs.com? They say they're AFTAL dealers on their ABOUT US page, but I couldn't find them listed at AFTAL's site. I think AFTAL (http://www.aftal.org.uk) polices their member dealers more carefully than anyone else, so it's a good sign if a dealer really belongs. 

Check it out and write AFTAL and ask if you want.

@Steve the guy talks in circles and has a lot of UK collectors fooled.  He says Harrison Ford is in london and that he got 4 but then you findout that Ford was in New York at the time.  Same same.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service