We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

U2 signed photographs..... what do you think about the authenticity?

Hi

I just found all these photos from a seller on ebay. At first glance i thought they looked good. But as i checked all the other signed photos he had for sale I thought they looked too good. Most of them signed perfectly and unrushed by whole band in a silver marker. Normally when things are too neat and perfect when it comes to autographs, my alarm bells starts ringing. And they did now.

Maybe I`m wrong...Maybe I`m right.  Anyway I thought I would post most of them here and see what you think. You can also check out the seller on ebay as he has a lot of signed items of other artists for sale:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=dell+u2711&item=2006923...

Views: 2145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both picture taken by me.  Both autographs I got in person......Just showing the Adam autograph.

After looking at the above pictures....the Larry ones seem too good to be true.

Jamil, your autographs look like 80's ones for sure.

Those are amazing.  I knew you had some great stuff!

Back to the Clayton - even yours doesn't quite have what's going on in many of those Ebay sellers Adam Clayotn autographs.  It seems like they were confused on how to connect the middle portion.  

Very cool - thanks for sharing this.  And what a time in their careers to meet them!  I didn't become a die hard fan until the Elevation Tour in 2001.

I think most fans will tell you that Bono, Edge and Adam are all still quite nice people to meet :)  I'd love to meet Adam.  Bono's really the only one I met.  I missed Edge by a couple minutes, though my sister made him say "hi" to me on the phone.

All the boys are super kind.  Larry unfortunately has always eluded me.  Although back in 2001 he handed me his drumstick in NJ.

I have no Larry autographs to compare this to other than the ones I know are real.

I looked at a Mullen I have on the wall right next to my computer.  It's a standard rushed one on a CD from 2001.  Looks pretty similar to be honest.  On the other hand, I would think Larry might be the easiest one to forge.

The more I look at the stuff on Ebay, it's all fake.  For sure.  Larry spent quality time outside with people at Rehearsals in Lakeland, FL 1992.  Haven't seen much of him since.  I treasure my Larry graphs more so than Bono or Edge, but Adam is always my favorite to see.  I believe I have some Larry autographs from 2001.  Not too many since.

I think many in-person collectors/dealers have written off Larry as virtually impossible these days.

Here is my personlized Bono one.  If this ebayer is copying.... he's making good copies.  I also looked at his other stuff.  HE HAS EVERYTHING!  SO MANY BANDS and OUTRAGEOUS PRICES.  So I gotta go fake.  No one is gonna pony up that kinda cash.

The acdc lithos could be good. They did come with a photo of the signings. It should also have a coa with it. I have an Alice Cooper one and a Aqualung signed by Ian Anderson. The coa should be from Musicom or the company that bought out the rest of the unsold stock which is called Visual Gallery. You can find Visual Gallery online

I did read negative feedback saying photo was a high resolution reproduction.  That's a huge risk even if the autographs looked legit.  Collecting signed photos (second hand)  is risky business.  The older stuff offers a little more comfort as you can see the ball-point indentations.   Newer high glossy photos signed in marker????  Hard to pass the buck on those.

Here is a PSA certified Edge from my collection to compare too. hope it might add something to this

I went back to look at them all again.  The more I look at them, the more I start questioning my early statements.  I still believe they are almost too perfect.  Especially as a group.  I am going to take back my 100% fake claim, and just stick with my gut feeling that they are indeed fake.  I apologize for all the confusion on my end.:)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service