We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I thought this might be cool. Tell what concerts you are going to see. Let us know if you liked or disliked the show. Maybe show a picture, autograph, guitar pick, drumstick, or a cool story .

Views: 17834

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's some pretty epic traveling. Is the travel just for the shows or in conjunction with other trips?

No I always look up what shows are where I'll be. GNR and Metallica I'll drive from home. I'm missing Iron Maiden by one day in London, then they play here in Charlotte while I'm there! Bad luck! Kiss is a consolation prize. Phil Collins is also playing just around the corner from where we are staying, I'd love to see him also.

Sleigh Bells last night. Wow. A very different kind of music, but unquestionably one of the best live bands I've seen - and certainly the most intense. Compared with their show at Chicago's Metro (which I was not at) the other night, the Milwaukee show was a very small affair. But the crowd was completely unhinged by the end, in a good way. 

Only five of us were waiting by the bus. Alexis came out and signed autographs, chatted for a bit and took a few photos.

Cool Rich!
Saw Geoff Tate's acoustic show last night. I think any Queensryche fan would enjoy this.

Just won tickets to Silversun Pickups next week. Heard they're good live.

Saw Johnny Lang and Quinn Sullivan last night. What an amazing show!!!! If he come close to you guys you've got to go! Quinn sold albums for $20, signed them at the table. I had him write Charlotte 2017 to have something different. I met Johnny outside. Johnny blew the roof off that place.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Lang
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Nice. Looks like he's selling VIP tix through Artist Arena too.

Won tix to two shows over the past two weeks - one I went to (Silversun Pickups), one I missed (Catfish & The Bottlemen). 

Not to be mean, and maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it, but Silversun Pickups is a show I walked into and almost walked straight out. Just not feeling it. Very mediocre and one definitely among the least memorable concerts I've ever been to.

BUT . . . a few days later was a show I've been waiting for for a long time - Bishop Briggs' first headline tour. She's been to Wisconsin a few times actually, so she has a good following here. And she's my favorite artist. Despite being a rising star with just one EP under her belt, she has an incredible array of great songs and and huge voice. And, fittingly, she's awesome live. Just one of those people who was born to do this.

She was offering VIP Meet & Greet packages for just $35, and it was a stellar deal. You got to do through the line twice - once for autographs (you got one VIP-only litho and one signed personal item) and again for photo ops.

out of boredom on a whim went to a Christopher Cross, (yes he is still around) show that was 10 minutes from me in Pennsylvania.  It was at a winery so I figured at the very least I could have some good drinks. Show wasn't to bad although the swimming turtles slideshow during the sailing song was kind of cheesy along with the horses running in fields slideshow during ride like the wind was a little odd to have during a concert.  at any rate i brought my cd that i owned for about 30 years thinking maybe i could get a signature after the show, at this particular venue normally the artists stay after the show. his tour bus was right next to the exit of the concert (the concert was inside a tent/barn) so it wasn't a big venue, very small venue very small town.  So the show ends and he runs off the stage, I mean at almost a full sprint, it was comical, looked like he doesn't run to much, I'm guessing he was thinking he would get mobbed by people wanting autographs.  Needless to say he did not get mobbed, people didn't even really care much and were talking among themselves getting their stuff to leave finishing their drinks, applauding etc.  So I go walking out to leave and to my surprise see him with his "handler" fumbling trying to get the door to the bus opened. I had to pass his bus to get to my car. It seemed like there was I guess a code they had to put in to get the door opened from the outside and he couldn't get it to open.  So I go walking by and stay about 10 feet back to give him his space and say Hi Chris awesome show you were great.  To that he doesn't answer and he keeps fumbling with the door then his handler tries.  Meanwhile I am the only one there.  Then I say Chris can I please get your autograph?  He looks over at me and says-"No".  So I say okay thanks and begin to walk away, as I'm walking away they get the door open and Cross walks in and slams it shut.  Then his handler says I'll take care of you.  At that point 3-4 more people come over with records so there were now total about 5 people and most everyone else were getting in their cars leaving.  The handler tells them Cross left so at that point I had to speak up and say my two cents and let them know he didn't and told them what happened so they wouldn't waste to much time.  Needless to say they seemed disappointed, they were huge fans of his, wearing tshirts etc.  The hanlder says to us give me your stuff and I will go in the bus and bring them back signed, he says he won't come out.  I passed on that, I told him it was not so much about the autograph and to me Cross seemed like a jerk so I really didn't want it now.  It wasn't about him saying no for the autograph it was his actions like his fans have the plague or something, he could have given me a simple "thanks" when I said awesome show and he would have came across much different.  Worst experience I had trying to get an autograph.

Ha, great but sad story. The New Hope Winery is about 20 minutes from my house and Ive gotten a few graphs there over the years. This place is small and its incredible this guy would act like that for those few fans! When Al Stewart comes yearly (He loves this area). He usually comes out and signs up a storm then the line dies after a half hour then he takes pics and chats with fans. Ive seen him do this twice. Glad I didn't come over for that treatment. The older I get the less B.S. I tolerate. Of course he's only obligated to give a good show but he should be grateful. Probably nobody there under 45.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service