We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There were many movie and television stars that appeared as guest stars (though never called that on the show) on TAGS.   Hopefully others will add their autographs of stars like Buddy Ebsen, Charlie Ruggles, Edgar Buchanan, Everett Sloane, Alan Hale, Jr.,Bob Denver, John Dehner and many others who appeared as "guest stars" on an episode of TAGS.  Elsewhere I think in the comment section I have my Jack Nicholson autograph.  I am not including him here because he was in two episodes.

Julie Adams is one of those stars she appeared in a very popular episode "The County Nurse."   I have had the pleasure of meeting her various times and she is one of the nicest stars I have encountered.  She spoke very highly of Andy Griffith and how much she enjoyed working with him.    She would go on to play Jimmy Stewart's wife in The Jimmy Stewart Show.  She also appeared in a reoccurring role as the man-crazy real estate agent on Angela Lansbury's  Murder She Wrote.  Horror fans remember best as Kay Lawrence in the Universal Productions Creature From the Black Lagoon.  This photograph is one I got from Miss Adams at her first Monster Bash Conference in Pittsburgh a few years ago. 

Tags: Adams, Julia

Views: 8899

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sam.  Yes Julie Adams, Pat Priest and Jackie Joseph  were the nicest actresses I have met.  Julie Adams is close to 90 now but still does conventions.  I would like to see her again. 

HARRY DEAN STANTON (1926-     ) gaunt looking character actor appeared in almost every television western from the 50s to the 70s.  He appeared in movies such as  The Godfather: Par II,  Kelley's Heroes, Dillinger, Cool Hand Luke, The Green Mile and many other.  He appeared in one episode of The Andy Griffith Show entitled "Howard's New Life."  This is a studio document filled out and signed by him:

I've waatched this actor in some really great westerns. GREAT actor!

That is right Sam he was always good.  He often played a bad guy in westerns like Gunsmoke.  He is one of the few still living.  He played the owner of the store on the Island that Howard Sprague retired too in the TAGS episode. 

Harry Dean Stanton on left and Jack Dodson on right in the TAGS episode "Howard's New Life."

HARRY DEAN STANTON (1926-2017) RIP Harry Dean Stanton who died September 15, 2017, aged 91 years. 

JUNE VINCENT (1920-2008) appeared in both The Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry R. F. D.  She also appeared on The Abbott and Costello Show, Bewitched, Maude, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman, and Perry Mason.  She played the actress playing "Aunt Bee" in a movie in the episode entitled "The Taylor's in Hollywood."  This is a vintage index card:

JUNE VINCENT as the actress who played "Aunt Bee" in the episode "The Taylor's In Hollywood."

DOUGLAS V. FOWLEY (1911-1998) a great character actor who played in various westerns, and several mysteries including Charlie Chan, The Thin Man and Ellery Queen movies. He played Doc Holliday on The Life and  Legend of Wyatt Earp.  I remember watching him as "Grampa Hanks" in the CBS comedy Pistols and Petticoats in the 1960s.  I assumed at the time he was close to my grandfather's age as it turned out Fowley was only five years older than my father!   Fowley appeared in the TAGS episode "Opie and His Merry Men," as the hobo who gets Opie to steal food from "the rich" to give to him.  He also appeared in an episode of Mayberry R. F. D.   He also appeared in a episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

Scottie,

This must be the item you were telling me about. Fowley was a great actor. When he was young he was the best B-western bad guy.

Yes that is right this is the one I mentioned I have another one on its way I will post when I get it.  He had a very sinister look when he played bad guys in westerns.

Awesome, Scott!!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service